Extra Chapter Bonding pt2

SPOILERS FOR THE RENGOKU GAIDEN

Murasaki could not stop smiling as she went to her first official Hashira meeting. Her hair was tied up to a braid on her left side with a blue flower chain wrapping itself in every plait. She loved that it matches with her eyes though she wondered if it was appropriate with the dress code. She had decided to spend time with her sister after receiving the flower chain from her as it definitely lifted her spirits from yesterday. She had received a mission before but she needed to attend a meeting first before she could go.

"Shouldn't she be here by now? As a Pillar, she should be more serious when it comes to these meetings."

Of course Shinazugawa, the Wind Hashira was the first to let the Master know that she was late. He was rough around the edges and as much as Moriyama wanted to throw him in a boiling pot, he was a Hashira after all and was known for his strength and a very passionate dislike for demons. Mother always said to show a good face even though the person may seem dislikable as there was more to a person than meets the eye.

So with a smile she bowed and greeted everyone present as well as the unexpected guest and joined the Hashiras. She had noticed the familiar brightly colored slayer sitting adjacent from the Hashiras. It was only when she noticed that the Flame Hashira was missing then she had concluded that something was wrong as the guest was obviously the Pillar's eldest son. She then remembered what her mother meant when she was worried about the Flame Pillar giving up on his purpose as a demon slayer.

"Apologies for the tardiness Master and Hashiras, I hope I didn't cause any inconvenience."

This was Rengoku's first time actually seeing not only Moriko's sister but also the Pillars this close. They radiated a powerful aura around them and he respected that as they too fight to protect the weak and innocent. He also noted the fact that Moriyama had resembled her mother who was a previous Flame Pillar. Not only was he amazed by the fact that the matriarch had successfully taken this responsibility after his father decided to teach him and his brother full time, but the fact that she had only mastered four forms of the breathing technique quick enough to pass the Final Selection Exam.

Unfortunately, his father had no choice but to take back his place after learning that she went missing. Kyojuro thought that no one knew exactly what happened to the matriarch but he suspected that she was already dead when Moriyama took her place as an Air Pillar. And as he watched her sat facing the Master, he wondered what type of person she was as she gave off a mysterious aura. Her eyes were focused but her smile and tone of voice scream playful.

"Moriyama," said the Master, with a voice effortlessly calming the situation, "You sound brighter than yesterday. I assume everything is well?"

"Yes, Master," she replied adding in a small chuckle, "Though I am a tad bit curious about our guest's surprise visit today." Her voice was now her usual pleasant tone of voice, keeping her soft smile.

Before the flame hair-colored slayer could even answer, Shinazugawa mocked the fact that the swordsman wasn't fit to be a Pillar and asked about the Rengoku patriarch. This earned him some glances from the other Hashiras. The Master calmly explained that he was here to explain what happened to him thus silencing him immediately. Moriyama almost cracked up but she kept her composure.

He explained while not 100% sure he suspected that after his mother's passing, his father started falling into depression and basically drowning himself in alcohol.

This got Moriyama's full attention. Mother always talked highly of him. Always praising his passion for being a Pillar and was a wonderful husband and father. So why...