Chapter 36

His lips were soft as they pressed against mine—a mixture of sweet chocolates and an essence that was uniquely Bradlee's exploded my tastebuds. Blood flowed rapidly to my cheeks, as I felt the adrenaline pumping throughout my body. I couldn't stop the pounding in my chest, as the tip of his tongue teasingly touched the metal rings on my bottom lip.

I gasped, feeling the electric current that shot up my spine when I felt the coldness of his tongue peircing. Hearing a soft moan escape his lips, he pressed his body tighter against mine, bringing me closer to his chest. His fingers lightly touched my waist, as he absentmindedly rubbed the fabric that separated his hands from my bare skin.

My breath hitched as I felt those fingers of his sliding under the fabric of my shirt. Feeling his smile against my lips, he took that opportunity to penetrate my mouth with his tongue.

I whimpered as his tongue touched mine, igniting a fiery desire in the pit of my stomach. The world around us soon disappeared; leaving just the two of us as our kisses became more urgent. The earning for one another grew more desperate as the seconds ticked by—the passion and lust crashed over us—engulfing us in sweet bliss.

As our lips begin to pull apart for much needed air, a loud eerie sound filled the air. My body jolted upwards, grasping onto Bradlee's neck for dear life. My body shivered against his, as I felt his arms wrapping themselves around my mid-back, protecting me. My senses heightened, as I listened to the calming wind blowing frosty air against our bodies.

I froze, when I heard that voice again—this time it was laughing. My body ran cold, as I truly felt the air slicing in half at the sound of his voice.

"Lily, what's wrong—" Bradlee began asking, before I squeezed his shoulder tightly, silently telling him to be quiet.

His voice filled the air once more, laughing darkly. "You know, Avery, you're kind of cute when you're flushed red."

My breath caught in my throat; my voice not able to articulate a single sound. The hairs on the back of my neck stood upright as I tried to seek out the face that belonged to such a chilling voice. Bradlee's body tensed up against mine, shielding my body closer towards his.

"Who's there?" he demanded loudly. Bradlee's eyes narrowed down into slits, as he twisted around, eyeing every corner in sight.

"Your worst fucking nightmare." His twisted laugh taunted us, as it reverberated across the empty park. My eyes flickered uncontrollably, trying to find the source of that noise. My ears became sharper as I listened, every snap of the foot not missed. A flash of long blonde hair collided with my eyes, before it disappeared into the darkness. My eyes rounded seeing the same lock of blonde hair from earlier. "Tell your little friends I'll be back for them. And don't worry, Lily, I didn't forget about you. I have something special plan, just for you."

I stared blankly at the spot he was just in moments before with wide, horrified eyes. Bradlee gently touched my cheeks, as my shoulders shook in fear. Frightened by my sudden expression, he pushed my face in the crook of his neck, comforting me. I took in a sudden intake of breath, as I struggled to breathe.

I couldn't concentrate on anything else, as my heart started beating faster and faster. The fear rose, as sweat started dripping down from my forehead. I watched as it disappeared into Bradlee's shirt, distracting me from what he'd said. He was after my friends. He was going to go after them. Does that mean, Ian's sister was his next target? It couldn't be. I couldn't let that happen. I couldn't let anyone die anymore.

Getting a surge of confidence, I pulled out of Bradlee's hold, determination bubbling up inside me. I couldn't be scared anymore. Letting out a breath of air, I summoned enough courage to meet his gaze. His blue eyes pierced through mine, reminding me of his half-hooded eyes when his body was pressed against mine just moments before.