Chapter 27 (NoMorebullying)

Before I start this chapter, you may notice the 'nomorebullying' ribbon on the cover. This is a challenge I'm taking on Wattpad. For more information check out the @NoMoreBullying profile on Wattpad.

When I was in middle school, I was bullied for being Chinese. Every racist comment, or phrase towards my race, I was called. I was humiliated, and I remembered thinking, "Why were people so mean to me?" "Why did I have to be different?" "Why couldn't I look like everyone else?" This went on for four years until I realized, enough is enough. I was able to stand up for myself and stand up to my bullies. I finally realized that being different was a good thing, and that no one should take that away from you. No one should make you feel less than you're worth.

I stand against bullying because I was a victim myself. Be the 10% that stands up to bullying! What are you waiting for? Take the challenge, and spread the word. Make this issue known.

I challenge my top commenters to take this challenge: @ash347 @TheAlyC @dont_doss @heyidaheree @Blame_It_On_The_Book

***

I didn't know my note would scared you that much, Avery. Or should I say, Lily. It was fun watching you squirm. ;) Bye, bye for now.

        Letting out an ear-piercing scream, Demitri and Skylar both covered their ears as they tried to escape the thunderous sound. As their eyes met mine, I could clearly see the emotions flashing through their light colored eyes—confusion, worry, and discomfort. Creasing my screams, I bit my lips, ducking my head in guilt.

        Chewing on the fake metal piercings, my eyes flickered to my phone seeing the text message clearly displayed on my screen. The name ‘Unknown’ still flashed at me like a big neon sign, sending every hair on my body standing upwards in attention. I sucked in a breath, hearing my own heartbeat booming in my ears, pounding a million miles a minute.

        “What in the world happened?” Demitri was the first to ask.

        “I—phone—him,” I managed to squeaked out, as my body trembled with fear. He knows. The freaking killer knows who I am! Gulping loudly, I felt the cold sweat dripping down my forehead, as the temperature in the room started rising higher and higher—to the point that I was gasping for air.

        Wheezing uncontrollably, I breathed heavily as my cousins patted my back, instructing me to take deep even breaths. Once I was able to get my breathing under control, Demitri lead me away from his room, and sat me down on the living room couch.

        “Are you alright now?” Skylar asked softly, as he knelt down in front of me.

        I nodded my head, as I managed to flash him a weak smile. “Yeah,” I said quietly, “Thanks.”

        He returned my smile with ease. “No problem,” he said before his eyebrows dipped down in confusion. “Why were you screaming earlier though?”  

        “The killer.”

        Skylar’s eyes flickered with beliwerement, as he tilted his head to the right. “What about the killer?” Skylar asked, as I saw Demitri taking the seat next to me in the corner of my eye. Leaning his body closer towards me, he placed his hands on his lap.

        “He knows . . .” I mumbled softly, as my eyes wandered back to my phone in my hand. Gripping the device tight, I saw them eyeing my phone for a split second before they directed their attention back towards me.

        “Knows what?” Demitri asked, equally as confused as Skylar—maybe even more so by the tone of his voice.

        “He knows who I am!” I shouted out loud, throwing my hands up in emphasis.