𝙤𝙣𝙚 ↬ 𝚂𝚆𝙾𝚁𝙽 𝚂𝙸𝚂𝚃𝙴𝚁𝙷𝙾𝙾𝙳

act i. brutal
。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

CHAPTER
ONE

SWORN
SISTERHOOD

_____________________________________

[ OCTOBER'S
p.o.v. ]

WITH jet lagged legs, I heaved a sigh, dragging two shiny acrylic purple roll-ey suitcases behind me, daydreaming about finally stepping foot onto the campus of my dreams. Quite literally, since the age of fifteen, the University of Santa Barbara was all my family could rep, seeing as though countless relatives graduated from this university. Though I never really saw the similarities between me and my ancestors, I figured they were all quite prestige to have all graduated with the highest honors.

Don't get me wrong, grades with a reputation as high as a skyrocket was the only way I'd make it in and get accepted, but believe me, it was totally worth it to pursue a solid GPA 'til the day I'd finally say goodbye to high school. A lot of my old friends said college was where the magic would truly begin.

I surely believed it.

Though walking a vast campus on my own, surrounded by new faces was quite terrifying, it did drive excitement too. It wouldn't be long until I met up with my sorority sisters on Porter street to get the introductions out of the way, of course. Being a part of something, like a sisterhood like this was something I knew my heart needed though, to be able to lean on a shoulder or two, possibly fourteen, as far as I heard from the president of the sorority herself, Cassidy. She blasted emails to the entire sorority all summer, about details I had yet to find out about, though the girl's enthusiasm made me curious to officially meet her. Not through zoom meetings over video chat, or sisterhood emails, but in the flesh.

I strolled the street, feeling the sun radiating a heat that could've been around ninety degrees. California was different from such a little town within uptown Seattle, though I hoped it wouldn't be so opposed to my hometown that I'd end up homesick out of my mind.

As I passed by the street of enormous housing, a group of boys had wolf-whistled at me from across the road. I dismissed them, rolling my eyes as I flipped them off without hesitation. "Oh, get lost. Would you?"

Feeling secondhand embarrassment, I tugged my white tennis skirt a little lower over my upper thigh, fiddling with my pink halter crop top.

I ended up walking with a quicker pace, hoping I'd get there sooner. I looked for 2841, the residence number of the address that was given to me before the spur of my first fall semester. Shielding the sun away from my hazel eyes, I brushed my blonde hair over my shoulder, my eyes widening as I was welcomed by a crowd of girls cheering as they hugged me. I burst out laughing as I was nearly knocked over. This had to be 2841. The sorority house rose about four stories up, its crystal glass windows glimmering reflectively. Its walkway surrounded by the perfectly cut grass were tall stands of colorful streamers, confetti scattering the ground as a table of colorful desserts waited at the other end of the stepping stones near the front of the enormous house that'd soon be my home for the next ten months and counting. The unexpected was bound to happen at any moment.