𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣 ↬ 𝙲𝚄𝙿𝙸𝙳'𝚂 𝙲𝙷𝙾𝙺𝙴𝙷𝙾𝙻𝙳

act i. brutal
。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

CHAPTER
SEVEN:

CUPID'S CHOKEHOLD

___________________________________________

[ OCTOBER'S
p.o.v. ]

The time dwindled by like a snap to the fingers, and I didn't have to look at the clock to feel like the seconds were slipping by my grasp. It was then when I realized the library was closing up when the lights started turning off on the other side of the vast room, as well as the lack of people that had been here previously-not like there hadn't been many here to begin with anyway. I, on the other hand still found that the library was a reliable place to be if I needed to be away from distraction.

Speaking of distraction, as soon as I finished up catching up reading on recent chapters with the stack of textbooks on the wooden desk, I sighed staring at the cavernous tower of books that'd take up my time the rest of this semester. As soon as I sat there aimlessly, packing my textbooks away, I couldn't help but think of Luke, the thought of him invading my brain suddenly.

Just as I was going to take my phone out, it vibrates and ring with that cheery iPhone tone, Cassidy's name popping up to a video call.

"Hey, Cassidy." I accepted the call with an answer.

"Where are you?" Cassidy looked closely at the screen.

"Um, I was at the library for a bit just wanted to do some content feeding before anything'd be assigned or what not. I'm headed back to the dorms now though."

"Perfect. How do you feel about heading to a fraternity party tonight?"

"It's a Tuesday."

"Oh, it isn't anything new. A bunch of parties usually happen during opening weeks anyway because classes are mostly in the middle of introduction at this time, soooo yeah. And kappa alpha psi guys don't usually give a fuck, they'll throw parties whenever they damn well please, honestly." Cassidy waved off, chuckling. "So what'd you say? All of the girls in our sorority are down to go."

I exit the library, walking the rest of the way down the concrete walkway, post lights guiding my way as the sun had dropped slowly until it had turned into a subtle evening sky.

I tried to think of the next best excuse to opt out of going to this so called fraternity party, for the reason I'd be running into Luke yet again, though I couldn't seem to think of one. "Fine. I'll go." I sighed, giving in.

"Oh!" Cassidy shrieked, playfully scrunching her nose. I laughed. "Well hurry your butt and get over here!"

Now what the hell was I going to wear?

I stared at my wardrobe, pursing my lips in thought. Since it'd be a party, I guess I'd wear something nice, though something absolutely low-key. Skimming through the clothes once more over, I decide on a black silky strap corset top and high waisted black skinny jeans. After I threw the articles of clothing on, I threw on some small hoops, ruffling my hair in the mirror.