𝙨𝙞𝙭 ↬ 𝚁𝚄𝚂𝙷 𝙷𝙾𝚄𝚁

act i. brutal
。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

CHAPTER
SIX :

RUSH HOUR

___________________________________________

[ OCTOBER'S
p.o.v. ]

Today was a new day, a new week, a slate wiped clean from any trace of Luke that ever came over me since the weekend of my arrival. I had two classes today, and I was honestly pretty satisfied with the schedule I set up for myself. Today I had art class in the morning, and astronomy at noon. Tomorrow it'd be statistics, and sociology I'd have to take on, and I anticipated it, knowing sociology was big fish I'd be taking on this semester as a freshman. I'd either make it or break it, though I trusted I'd have it handled. Definitely.

I had about two hours worth of break, so I figured I'd take this time to explore such an enormous campus, and probably stop by the library to skim through some textbook chapters ahead of time before they'd be assigned.

I'd decided on it, I'd go to the library to do some reading on some textbooks before class would start, that seemed like a quite productive thing to do during a passing break.

To do.

That was set on my mind, as I walked down the campus walkway near the grass.

Though I seemed to stop right in my tracks, at the sight of a cult of fratboys chanting their frat-house name. In the group of boys was Calum who had Luke in a headlock, rubbing Luke's hair like there was no tomorrow, before he roughly shoved him as a sign of masculine truce.

Luke had stumbled down the grass slope, towards my direction as I scoffed leaning away from him, holding back the urge to swat him with my binders.

"Hey, October." He smiled, as I frowned, continuing to walk, my pace slightly quickening in hopes the blue eyed charmer of a boy wouldn't keep following me.

"Hi. Now, bye." I sarcastically sent the smile back.

"But you sent me—"

"Nudes. I am fully aware of that, but that was for initiation night with my sisterhood." I said in a hushed tone.

"Solidarity sister. By all means." Luke jokingly praised, raising a fist.

I couldn't help but let a little laugh out, before I quickly regained my composure.

"I think you need to leave me alone, because you're hovering, and I've got things to do besides bump heads with my fraternity brothers Luke."

"You chose me." He unexpectedly said, as I gulped, my eyes turning to him.

"Of course you'd know, who knows how many girls you've used such a one-liner on. I didn't have a choice, by the way."

"Sure you didn't." Luke chuckled.

"I didn't." I flatly stated, suddenly starting to doubt how my own words managed to spew. I really could've opted out, by easily telling Cassidy that I'd rather have it with any other frat-boy but I was afraid that if I did, she'd claim me as in-denial of the chemistry that Luke and I had that day. Why is it that, I haven't even known Luke for a day, yet I felt unbelievably drawn to him?

Once again, the possibility I could've just pulled my purple can of pepper spray out my book bag and sprayed him away was yet another option if I truly did want to repel the boy, but it occurred to me that I didn't do such a thing.

"I still highly doubt that, princess."

"Would you stop calling me that?"

"When a meteor swallows the earth, perhaps so."

I felt my cheeks heat, sending him a glance. When I did, Luke had already been staring at me, his gorgeous eyes then fixating on my pursed lips.

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。