01

December 19th, 1976

"Bloody hell, Donna, you're looking fit," Casey said as Donna passed some lip gloss

"Bloody hell, Donna, you're looking fit," Casey said as Donna passed some lip gloss. Donna smiled at her friend, suddenly feeling self conscious.

"Are you sure it's not too much?" the girl said, while stretching her dress with her hands.

"Hell no! You're hot as fuck and I'm not letting you see yourself as anything but that." Casey crossed her arms, trying to intimidate her best friend. She walked towards her friend and entangled their arms. "Now, let's go get plastered."

The two girls left their dorms, as their other roommate, Alice, had already went to the party downstairs to meet her boyfriend, Frank.

The Gryffindor common room was already filled with drunk teenagers, almost every single one of them dancing or snogging someone. Donna and Casey went straight to the table where the drinks were, both downing a shot of fire whiskey.

"Never gets easier." Donna said, as she pulled a face.

"Oh Donna, sweet Donna..." her best friend started. "That's the whole fun."

The two girls suddenly were embraced by thin but strong arms, pulling them both in a hug and making Donna and Casey hit their heads.

"Blimey, Alice!" Casey said while stroking her head. The third girl just gave them a sheepish smile.

"You're finally here! I thought you were never coming." The girl said, still hugging her two best friends as if she had not seen them a few hours before.

"You're such a drama queen, Al." Donna said, laughing a bit.

"Well, the drama queen brings hot gossip..." she started, smirking when she got the attention from her best friends. "The golden couple is officially not a couple anymore."

"James and Lily? What?" Casey said.

"Are you sure?" Donna asked suspiciously, knowing Alice was one for taking presumptions.

"I am pretty sure, thank you very much." Alice scoffed.

"How exactly sure are you, Alice?" Casey asked.

The pixie haired girl rolled her eyes, sighing.

"I'm 85% sure." She admitted, and both girls shared a look. "But I'm not the only one. The two of them weren't seen together for a while, and I know for a fact that Lily was seen with Diggory!"

"Diggory? As in Diggory her ex?" Casey said, shocked. Alice nodded. "As in Amos Diggory, her ex boyfriend, captain of the Hufflepuff Quidditch team?"

"Yes, woman! That one." Alice said, rolling her eyes.

"So what? Can't they be just friends?" Donna asked.

"Oh Donna, sweet sweet Donna." Casey said one more time. "Everybody knows that exes can't be just friends." Donna's eyes went straight for the bespectacled boy, who was drinking as if there was no tomorrow. She felt bad for him, knowing he was probably heartbroken.