1. Childhood

I am so sorry to the people that were reading this book before I started rewriting it. I just wasn't happy with the story. It will still be quite similar but I am making some changes. That's all so happy reading!

------

1927 - Age: 6

"Don't make a mess while I'm out," Mama told us as she shut the front door. I immediately jumped from where I was on the floor and onto Steve's knees, 

"Can we put the couch cushions on the floor?" I asked eagerly,

"Mama said not to make a mess," Steve sighed,

"Come one, Steve," Bucky smirked, 

"We'll clean it up before she comes home," I begged. 

"Fine," he gave in and both he and Bucky got up from the couch. We pulled the cushions off the couch and lay them on the floor. We then lay on top of them, Bucky on my left, Steve on my right. We told stories and imagined for hours and when Mama got home we quickly put the cushions back onto the couch and pretended that we hadn't made a mess. 

"What did you get up to?" asked Mama, when we were making dinner. 

"Bucky was telling me a story," I smiled, "About a princess and a dragon,"

"Were you the princess, Georgia?" she questioned as she cut the bread,

"No," I shook my head, "I was the dragon, Steve was the princess," 

"I was not!" we heard Steve from the other room. Mama and I giggled. 

1933 - Age: 12

"Get out of the way!" 

I quickly ran off the road as the man in the car beeped the horn multiple times, 

"Sorry," I sighed. He scoffed and drove off. 

"You need to be more careful, Georgia!" Mama called down from the apartment as she hung out the washing. 

"Sorry Mama," I replied, "I was trying to follow Steve and Bucky,"

"Leave them alone, Georgia," Mama sighed, "They're a lot older than you. Why don't you come up and help me make dinner," 

I huffed and climbed the stairs, "Steve may be older but I'm taller," I mumbled as I went into the apartment and washed my hands. 

"Can you get the flour out please," Mama told me. I nodded and went to the cupboard. 

"Mama," she hummed in response, "There's no flour left," 

"Oh," Mama sighed, "I can sort out dinner, you go and play in your room," I nodded and skipped through the door into mine and Steve's room. The front door opened and soon after Steve and Bucky came in.

"Hey ," Bucky smiled. 

"Hey Bucket," I replied,

"Don't call him that," Steve scoffed, sitting on his bed and taking off his shoes. 

"It's fine Steve," Bucky dismissed the blond. He pulled a paper bag out of his pocket and gave it to me, "Don't tell your mother," Bucky pushed his finger to his mouth. I shook my head and opened the bag to find some popcorn.

"Did you go to the talkies?" I turned to Steve with an open mouth, "How did you pay for it?"

"It was Bucky's treat," Steve pointed at the brunette. 

"Why didn't you invite me?" I asked indignantly,

"Because it was a boy's film," Steve rolled his eyes, "You wouldn't like it,"