10. Graduation

??? - Age: ??

"Only one girl is graduating today," Ivanov told us all before we ate, "Kira Volkov," My eyes widened slightly but I stood up and obediently followed Ivanov out of the room, followed by scientists and guards. I was led into a room with a chair and a table in it. On the table was a gun and a magazine with a single bullet in it. "Load the gun," Ivanov ordered.

I cautiously went over to the table and picked up the handgun. I had used its kind before, I reloaded the gun and held it beside me, waiting for further instruction. "Bring him in," Ivanov said to no one in particular. A guard brought in a man, his head covered in a bag. I watched the guard put the man on the chair and Ivanov slowly walked up to me,

"Kill him," she told me. I raised the gun and pointed it at where I knew his forehead was. Something inside me was begging me not to. I knew it wasn't right, I shouldn't kill him. I hesitated, thinking over my decision, "Kill him," Ivanov said slightly louder, making me jump.

"I shouldn't," I mumbled, "He has done nothing wrong,"

"Kill him, you stupid girl!" Ivanov yelled. I looked back at her and then back at the man's hidden face, he was whimpering, "You are the top of your class, do not hesitate, do not show weakness," she whispered in my ear, "Kill him, Kira,"

Subconsciously, I pulled the trigger and the man's body fell to the floor. "Good," she smiled, a guard dragged the man's body out, leaving a trail of scarlet blood. "Get changed into this, I will be back in 2 minutes," she passed me a hospital gown and left the room. I took off my training outfit and slid into the gown, confused.

When Ivanov came back in she was followed by a few scientists that were wheeling a hospital bed beside them. I understood what I had to do and quickly lay down on the bed. Ivanov held my hand and told me,

"When I see you again, you will finally be a Widow," she smiled, "Finally be a true assassin," I was confused by her words but soon I was being wheeled through a hallway toward a door that read.

операционная (Operation Room)

------

The Next Day

I slowly opened my eyes, still drowsy from the drug they had given me before the operation. My stomach hurt more than the torture ever had. I stayed still, not wanting to move in case it hurt more. I was wearing simple training clothes though I don't remember changing into them.

A scientist came into the room, reading from a clipboard and did not look me in the eye as he checked my heart rate and blood pressure.

"Where is Ivanov?" I asked hoarsely, my throat and mouth dry.

"She will be here soon," the scientist said simply, "There are others that she needs to attend to,"

"Can I have some water?" I questioned,

"No," he left the room. I was left alone, still and quiet until the door opened again,

"Kira?" asked Ivanov's voice, "Are you awake?"

"I am," I replied. She came over to me and looked down at me,

"Good," she wasn't smiling like the last time I saw her, "Get up," I slowly pushed myself into a sitting position and winced as my stomach sent ripples of pain through me, I cupped my stomach. "It will hurt for a few days, but you must make pain your ally. Train yourself and pain will cease to exist,"

I nodded and stood, getting off the hospital bed. I tried not to wince or cup my stomach as I slowly started following Ivanov through the Red Room. As we passed other girls they smiled at me or congratulated me.