9. Identity

This one will be a bit boring but it has important information for future parts.

??? - Age: 22?

I had spent so much time in the Red Room and gone through so many torture sessions that I didn't know how much time had passed since I was in my own apartment. I had given up trying to count the days. I could barely remember anything. All I remembered was my name, Steve, Bucky, and that terrible place.

Ivanov and her 3 musketeers tortured and fed me every day but after a while, they also made me work out every day. They gave me different clothes and I exercised and learnt how to fight. I didn't know why they made me do it, but they did.

One particularly gruesome session left me feeling numb and then Ivanov said,

"What is your name?"

I thought long and hard but I couldn't think of my name. I couldn't remember anything.

"I don't know," I replied honestly.

"Memory wipe complete," said one of the scientists,

"Your name is Kira Volkov," Ivanov told me, "You are an assassin, your brain was damaged on your last mission and to save you we had to wipe your memories, I am your handler and my name is Ivanov,"

"That is not my name," I told her. I knew that she was wrong, my name was not Kira, though I couldn't remember my name. I still couldn't move, it was like my body had switched off.

"Your name is Kira Volkov," she told me again.

"No, it isn't," I shook my head,

"Put her back in," she sighed,

"But ma'am," said the scientist, "She has no memories left, it would be extremely painful,"

"Exactly," she smiled slightly and as the machine lowered over me again I screamed.

A Few Months Later

"Your name is Kira Volkov," Ivanov told me, "You are an assassin, your brain was damaged on your last mission and to save you we had to wipe your memories, I am your handler and my name is Ivanov,"

"No!" I screamed, electricity pulsing through every single one of my nerves.

"Your name is Kira Volkov," she repeated, "You are an assassin, your brain was damaged on your last mission and to save you we had to wipe your memories, I am your handler and my name is Ivanov,"

"No!" I screamed again,

"Take her out," Ivanov said. The machine stopped as I felt hot tears fall down my cheeks, "What is your name?" she questioned,

"I don't know," I told her.

"Your name is Kira Volkov," Ivanov told me, "You are an assassin, your brain was damaged on your last mission and to save you we had to wipe your memories, I am your handler and my name is Ivanov,"

"It's... it's not," I mumbled, trying to stop the tears.

"You're in shock, Kira," Ivanov looked down at me, "I am trying to help you to revive your past." I looked up at her, still shaking and crying from the torture, "Repeat after me. My name is Kira Volkov,"

"My name is Kira Volkov," I imitated her,

"I am an assassin,"

"I am an assassin,"

"My brain was damaged and you had to wipe my memories to save me,"