-Chapter One-

It's been two months since we moved from Transylvania with my mother to the North side of Salem, Massachusetts. I don't know how my mother managed to bag this place on Lynde St.

A nineteenth century Victorian second story house, blue pannels that wrapped around It's exterior, four bay windows that popped out, and a favorite feature of mine- the bright red door out front. This house may have looked good in it's time- however it's interior is a tad run down. The four bedrooms coated in layers of collected dust. The furniture is old; (almost antique) wooden bookshelves. And a fireplace that hasn't been used in years.
A cool factor is that we live one building away from the historical Witch Dungeon that tourists flocked to from all around the world. Funny- They changed how it really looked, and set out four pillories outside to lure uncommon folk in just to really relive the 1600's. Kinda creepy, right?

For about a month now I've been acting on an imaginary stage for mortals who all see what they want to. My mask that shouts "normal" I have molded to my face, as if it were burned against my skin. But we were anything from the sort...

I was born from a long line of the most feared, pure bred Vampyres- and before you ask, none of them were related. Our clan named after my parents, The Fillii Luna, Meaning: Children Of The Moon. Has been known amongst our kind as the most feared clan.

You may be wondering as to why my mother and I traveled so far away from home- but that is for another time. For now...I have to attend the Eveline Charles Academy.

The morning sun was peaking ever so slightly through my my black out curtains. My eyes instantly becoming agitated. Mother and I have never used the lights in our new house, since we saw just as well with them off as if they were on. Actually, better! Bright lights hurt my eyes- the sunlight almost unbearable. Back home we lived in the dark and cold, retreating back to our beds during the day. But here? Complete opposite.

I was considering the bizarrness of my new life when I overheard the sounds of my mothers seven inch heels clicking towards my bedroom door. It opened swiftly as I turned to her from my desk which my butt had been planted at since 3am.

"Vex? You're up already?"
Mother asked slightly surprised as she walked over towards me. Her hands rested on my head before her fingers began to seep through my wavy red hair. My mother was seriously stunning for her age of 400 years. For pure breds we aged from an infant to our thirties until we are met with our immortality.

Shes a tall and skinny woman, with long waves of dark arburn hair and brilliant, almond- shaped eyes that glittered a bright shade of gold.
Our eyes changed colours drastically depending on our dietary;
Gold if we chose to feed on animals, a dark red if we fed on humans, and black if we starved ourselves of either.

And since I'm a royal pure-blood, (which already wasn't weird enough,) My eyes are a rare dark purple. Since humans carry certain genetics of blue, green, brown- Mother insisted that we wore coloured contacts out in public.

Today, mother was wearing her sleek royal blue silk suit with black moon crescent earrings (representing our path of thy Goddess, Hekate). Including a silver form of the Goddess with her sisters embroidered with their torches over her left breast- as most of our members wore proudly.

"Yeah...I couldn't rest through the night. I missed the moon and the cooler air.."
I spoke with a tired sigh. I could tell she worried about me, since I haven't grown quite accustomed yet to our new schedule. She nodded and brushed my hair behind my ears as her fingers worked parts of it into a long red fish tail braid.

"I know it's been hard on you my little moon. But now we must make the best of our new found situation. We will get through."

Her voice was a soothing musical to my ears, that I couldn't help but smile at.