-Chapter Ten-

My eyes lifted from my swirling cup of the ruby elixir- Fox rouge, to my windows view. It was just cracked enough to let the breeze get through; It's cold whispers unclear, but yet leaves warm kisses. Midnight hues are fading as the sun rises, bringing baby blue skies into view, waking the birds that have nested in the tree outside.

Their songs of morrow can quickly be redirected into aggravated conversation. In natural selection of the weak from the strong, I watch their feathers collide in rush, a violent dance of black. The smaller crow cries out as the others beak impales his bulbous chest, and talons holding down the others wings; Laying in despair.

I push myself back from the window and redirect my attention to the mirror. My hands met my pale face, pushing the skin around on my cheeks as I focused on my eyes. Purple lilacs that glistened like they were freshly rained on, capturing the suns beams within their droplets.

How did no one notice, or sense anything? Could contacts and concealer really hide what lies beneath the surface? Awaiting for someone to emter the depths of water you tread. Breaking my train of thought, I heard the approaching thoughts before I heard the approaching footsteps that accompanied them.

'...what on earth is that girl doing?..'

'...we're both going to be late....'

"Goddess be, Vex. How long are you going to take this morning?"

Mother called from behind my door, her voice merely a whisper compared to her thoughts.

"Just a moment. I'll be down shortly."

My answer seemed to difuse her upcoming entry and she made her way off to work, saying her goodbyes to Sebastian downstairs.

I used my speed and ran through my entire wardrobe to find something that would actually fit my body's curves. That's when I found a black blouse with a white collar and hem that is perfect for tucking into a red and black plaid skirt that I managed to findat the back of my drawers. I fastened my thin black belt, and black knee high socks with cute red bows on the sides- wondering about shopping. My clothes seem rather dark compared to what I use to wear...

I rushed down the stairs and found Sebastian already throwing on his fashionable shoes. Pushing his messy hair from his face as he stood up to meet me.

"Hey." He sounded short. Barely making eye contact with me as he jingled the keys on the tip of his finger before stepping outside.

Curiouser...He's probably still upset about last night. After I tied up my combats I noticed Zen laying comfortably on a pillow on the couch. I walked over to her slowly as my hand reached out to pet her head, she sensed me before I touched her fur, hissing low. Her groans of anger were loud and her eyes yelled 'get back!'

"Zen? Whats wrong? It's just me."

I reassured softly as I tried to touch her again. Her claws swiped roughly at me before she got on her feet to scamper off upstairs, leaving me confused.

I shrugged it off, and ran outside to the car. The fog was very dense today, like I'm propelling myself through a cloud. Sebastian sat inside the car with his hand holding up his chin, waiting impatiently for me.

"Are you going to continue being upset with me the entire day? Or are you going to realize that everything is fine now, and there is not an issue at hand?"

He scoffed at me, and slowly parked thr car in the student lot.

"I thought you would be fine, but I leave for ten minutes last night and you literally almost killed someone! How is that not an issue?"

"It was just the drugs causing an issue. I'm perfectly fine now. Sebastian, you know I am fine because you can literally feel how I am. So go ahead an focus on me to find out."

I demanded, wishing for our quarrel to end. His eyes closed momentarily as he became steady.

The corner of his eyebrow twitched as his lips pursed.

"Thats how I know there is an issue. I can't feel you anymore."

Sorry Its been so long! I will do better for posting. I have it all written out I just need to transfer it. Thank you for reading and staying! Xoxo to all of you :)
C.K.