-Chapter Six-

Five minutes later...

I arrived back at home, quietly sneaking myself back into my bedroom. The fact that I was short on time was actually good. It didn't give me the option if mother had caught me sneaking out for another one of her infamous lectures.

Sebastian seemed to be asleep still, and no sign of mother. Weird? That's unusual...

Zen had abandoned my empty bed and was curled up on the seat of my desk chair, which made me smile. (That cat was a notorious pillow hog.)

I gathered my satchel and put on proper school attire, (A navy blue long sleeve and my black jeans,) before I decided to go wake up Sebastian. He was a lot quicker than I at getting ready in the mornings.

I opened his door across the hall to find him face down in his pillows.

"Come on Sebastian. School starts soon and you can't be late on your first day. Wouldn't want to make a bad impression now, would we?"

His head lifted slowly, face rumpled and peering up at me like a sleepy, countrified rabbit.

"Needn't worry Loon...I'll be down for breakfast in a moment."

He mumbled as his head fell back into the crook of his arm. Slightly annoyed, I grabbed his shirt that hung on the back of his chair, tossing it at his head as he groaned in protest. Laughing at him as I swept my damp hair behind my ear.

Sebastian suddenly registered that my hair was wet and my contacts were already in, something I'd mostly forgotten about in my hurry to fly under radar from Mother.

"Did you go somewhere?"

"Yeah," I said reluctantly. "I couldn't sleep, so I went to the beach for a little fresh air. Its raining out."

I pointed at my damp head of hair.

"Next time wake me up. You know I would have gone with you."

If he hadn't sounded so hurt, I would've had more time to think about just exactly how much I was going to tell him about my dream last night before I blurted out, "I think I'm going to die soon."

Sebastian's sleepy face became immediately serious as his eyes looked into mine.

"Wha-...what makes you say that?"
He asked. I grabbed a towel from the bathroom to quickly dry my hair.

"Just, a dream...or maybe- I dont know. A vision? It was all very surreal."

"And? It was probably just a dream. No need to worry about such things. Maybe hunting yesterday freaked you out more than I expected."

Rolling my eyes at his remark as I sighed heavily, seating myself at the edge of his bed.

"Yeah, maybe. But it's just a nagging feeling in my stomach. Like, a warning given by the goddess to sway me away from this path I've found myself on."
I said miserably.

"Care to discuss this 'path' that you've found? You know I'm a great listener."

My head fell into my lap as I groaned. I mumbled 'no', but that only seemed to make him more curious.

"Loon, you know I hate seeing you like this. I'm always here for you, no matter what has happened. I just want to help."

I rubbed at the headache that seemed to firmly attach itself to me. I lifted my head and faced him with a soft smile.

"Can we just bookmark this for later? At least until I've gotten more figured out?"

"Fine. Until later. But right now? Come on." He grabbed my arm.