-Chapter Three-

I wanted to tell my mother about how I met Ouija at school, But I wasn't going into it without finding out more information first.

Even for myself, I hardly had time to even process this newly found friend of mine. The thought of just going straight to my mother with less answers than I could manage made me cringe.
Especially with us being new, and staying under radar. I had to always think on my toes, mimicking the tics that humans had, acting to the furthest degree to make sure I wouldnt get burned.

Try as I may...not to read mothers mind- who was used to the lack of privacy in my presence. I wanted to make sure her intuition didn't catch anything on me.

"Vex, How was school?" Mother asked.
Her attention that had been focused on getting blood out of the bag and into a small cup shifted instantly on me.

"Oh, It was fine. You know...Classes, Listening to lectures, homework. The usual."
I looked at her. She was watching me with eyes that said that they totally believed I'd come up with something and not made an ass out of myself.
I wish I held her confidence in me.

"So, what are the humans working on this time? New friends to mention?"

My heart sank slightly before I launched into explaining my Language Arts Project on the Play of Macbeth, leaving out the fact I had met Ouija. She didn't respond. I was worried she could sense my half assed lies before she handed me dinner with a soft smile.

"Sounds like normal teenage work. I'm happy to hear things went accordingly." Mother noted. I swirled around the contents of my cup, watching the bubbles drown into the red.

"Speaking of work. May I be excused to finish my assignment? I shouldn't be long."

She nodded and waved me off with her skinny hand. As strong as she may seem, her mind was a shadowless lake that was clear like glass. She was depressed.

I took a deep breath as I grabbed my cup and headed up the stairs toward my bedroom.

I sat myself on the edge of my bed before laying on my back. My eyes starring up at my roof as I sighed to myself.

What the hell am I going to do tomorrow? I thought. My gut telling me that I was missing something important. Ouija must tell me everything she remembers about the night she died. I sat up once again, my mirror reflecting my dark purple eyes. I grabbed my glass and inhaled the delicious scent, an intoxicating mixture. The sweet red liquid now rushing down my throat, my eyes shifting from their normal purple swirls to the gross bright red colour. I hated drinking from the donation center. My craving seemed to be met with satisfaction- Even if they weren't- I will not let them consume me.

I moved towards my laptop opening it's screen that scrolled between photos of my old friends and I together. One of my favorite photos popped up. My friend Isabella who was a curly red head with freckles, on my right with her arm wrapped around me. On my left, Owen with his wild, dark curls that fell over his eyes. He is the son the another council memeber, Darius Van Houston. His father broke honorary code by mating with a human- meaning Owen was sentenced to a life long fight with bullies for being 'impure'.

I pushed myself to move on from staring at my past and decided to focus on someone elses.

Pulling up Google again- Without all The restrictions, I typed in Aidens name into the browser. A coroner's report pops up along with Salems Evening News attached with an article.

Aiden Beltane found DEAD in July 1888.
The report documented by: Elizabeth Jules

My breath became slightly heavier as I opened the article into full view, to find a picture of an older man hanging from the rafters in his home.
I continued reading: