-Chapter Eight-

"That's it! You know not all of us can read minds like you Vex! So...tell me everything!"

Sebastian persisted excitedly like a teenage girl with an obsession for details. He hopped like a child into my room, seating himself in a 'man spread' on my desk chair. He's lucky enough to get a word or two from me.

"Nothing happened. We just watched a film."

"Oh no you don't! As the elder brother- and not to mention your freaky twin. I felt everything you did. I was tuned in the entire time you and your boyfriend were together."

I laughed at his assumption of Jake being my boyfriend, earning myself a glare from Sebastian. Worth it.

"Go on! I'm curious. Please Vex, give a little more than that."

Sebastian is practically begging now. He's a master at getting what he wants- especially with our parents. His frivolous internal monolog was gushing about me.

I couldn't withstand his attempts, and fell to the drawn sword he stood behind.

"As I said. Nothing much. Just watched a film, touched hands momentarily. And before you know it, he was leaving to pick up his little sister....and invited us to a party after kissing my cheek."

Sebastian exclaimed his excitement through a squeal as he tackled me down against my bed.

"Oh how the goddess has blessed you sister! I am very happy for you two!..."

Ah yes, here comes the inevitable brotherly speech some are so gracious to not hear.

"However, he is still a human. And with your lack of control- so to speak- you could end up seriously harming him. But how it felt, he seriously could be your mate! Just head precautions when getting intimate."

I held my hands over my face in embarrassment, groaning for him to stop talking. Also...My mate? That can't be possible, can it? Being human doesn't disqualify this, but really? Already?

I've scanned through numerous amounts of text books in the old Academy on situationd involving humans and Vampyre's.

There was 'Sexuality and Blood Lust' spoken by Professor Heartphern. A discussion about the frequency of need that differs depending upon age, sex, and general strength of the Vampyre. Adults (Vampyre's over 300), must periodically feed on human blood to remain healthy and sane. It is, therefore logical that evolution, and our beloved goddess, Hekate, have insured the drinking of blood is a pleasurable process for both the human and the Vampyre.

Vampyre saliva secretes endorphins during the drinking ritual, which stimulates the pleasure zones of the brain, in both Vampyre and human- and possibly stimulate orgasms.

I cringed mentally. This is why drinking human blood was so slutty to me. Being turned on while we drank was programmed into our genes.

There is also 'Imprinting'. Which I have never done in my life, thank you, me. It was taught to us young as fledglings around our freshman years to not participate in drinking from humans due to the incredible dangers it could present. If preformed correctly- by a mature, strong Vampyre- the Human and Vampyre must both have very strong emotional connections to one another.

Sometimes the imprint won't take and cause the human to become obsessed with desire to the wavering Vampyre who left them high and dry, not realizing their subconscious is also tied to the human- even if they didn't want it in the first place.

My thoughts were rudely interrupted by Sebastian's pestering, which earned him an annoyed glare.

"Hold on a tick- did you mention a party?"