Chapter 1: The Beginning of a New Life

With the sound of birds singing outside, and the feeling of laying in my bed, relaxing was nice. It has been an interesting summer, especially waking up to find that I am the last human amongst a world of what is known as anthros, furries, or anthropomorphic animals. It has been, four months since I woke up and I won't go through my life story, but I will simply say, I was a man terrified of this new world and after meeting some amazing people, that soon changed. Now having friends, one being more than a friend now, I was brought into a new world that I will be living in more fully soon.

Looking back it was rough, but as of now it was nice and as I laid in my bed, relaxing and thinking, I soon felt the warmth of someone else, laying against me. I smiled as I felt them nuzzle into me, and when I opened my eyes and turned my head, seeing Sarah sleeping soundly, cuddled up to me. She looked adorable, with her pure white hair, and soft looking face, I smiled. This was the one who is more than a friend. I say that as we are lovers to say the least and she has been the love of my life. Simply watching her would put a smile on my face and as she stirred, and her eyes slowly opening, I smiled and stroked her hair with my fingers.

Blake: Good Morning, didn't think you would sneak in my room today.

I said with a giggle as she laid her head on my chest.

Sarah: Yeah but your so nice to snuggle with.

I simply smiled hearing this as I hugged her softly, then that was short lived as her phone went off. She groaned and got up and answered it.

Sarah: Hello?

I simply laid there and relaxed as she talked to whoever was on the other line. After a bit she would hang up and seemed to have a surprised expression.

Blake: Something wrong?

She shook her head smiling.

Sarah: No, that was Sophie and they got news from Dr. Fleeck and it was approved by the president that your going to be introduced to the world and to start, your going to school.

Blake: Wait really?!

I said surprised for one, sitting up.

Blake: Isn't it a bit too soon, like I have been here for a few months now and all of a sudden they are just throw me in?

Sarah: I thought the same but it seems they believe that that isn't the case. Don't worry, your going to the same school as me. I will be there with you so you won't be alone.

She said sitting next to me, as I nodded. I was a bit nervous, as this was new and felt it was earlier than I thought but if they trust that everything will be fine, I have to trust that. I soon felt Sarah lovingly grab my hand, as she leaned against me.

Sarah: Regardless of what happens, I will be right beside you.

As she said that, I couldn't help but smile, feeling a bit comforted about this. I continued to hold her hand, leaning against her as I closed my eyes, enjoying the moment. After what seemed like an hour, but was only a few moments, Sarah moved herself onto my lap, sitting there, her tail wrapping around my waist.

Sarah: Before we get packed, how about we spend some well deserved time together?~

I knew what she was entailing, but knowing that as of late she likes to go for the long haul and since we had to get packed, wouldn't be the greatest to say the least.

Blake: Another time, as we have things to do, and as you said we have to pack. I presume we are leaving tomorrow, so best we get that done first.

She huffed, seeing she was really wanting it but I stood my ground, unwrapping her tail around my waist and gently pushing her off. Standing up I stretched a bit before looking to her, seeing a light blush and a pouty face.

Blake: Sarah, you know you shouldn't be acting like this, especially since your no longer in heat.

She didn't respond but I could tell she knew I was right. Though knowing she can hold onto things like this for a bit I decided to at least get cleaned up for the day. I ruffled her hair before grabbing some fresh clothes, and a towel, heading down the hall to the bathroom where I closed and locked the door, remembering what happened before with Sarah when I was showering. I then got the shower running, getting it to a nice warm temperature, then undressing before hopping in.

I felt the warm water on my skin, smiling as I enjoyed the feeling. After getting cleaned up, I got out, dried ,myself, did the normal everyday stuff, like brushing my teeth and such before getting dressed.

After hopping out, I saw Sarah packing in her room. Smiling I went to mine and did the same, packing my clothes and essentials as when I went to box, opened it to see various things, including the suit I woke up in all those months ago. Looking back to when I wore it, as it had been months since I had worn it last. Reminiscing of the past, a chill ran down my spine as old memories of before my suspended sleep, as I now call it, came to me. Memories of pain, fear, and uncertainty.

Shaking my head, I closed the box and began packing my own things as my thoughts looked towards the future. Though a thought came to mind, though my abilities are not well known amongst Sarah and the scientists, it made me wonder how long I could keep it a secret, let alone have the strength to tell them. One could say it was a burden, but it was a burden I am willing to keep.

Zipping up the bag I was using I set it out in the hall as I saw Sarah ready to go, knowing tomorrow would be a day I won't particularly forget.