Chapter 4: The Party

It was nearing the evening time as I waited at the bench where I spoke with Sarah. Not too long after we separated she called and said that it may be good to go together as my roommates were grabbing somethings in town. Seeing no harm I thought it would be good since once we get to the party, I would meet up with the guys. As I sat on the wooden bench, I soon saw Sarah, wearing a nice black hoodie.

Blake: You were almost late.

Sarah: And you were early, didn't think that you would be so eager to say the least.

I giggled as I stood up, my hood up to hide my face.

Blake: Would rather be early than late. So, where we off to?

Sarah: Down at the south end of the campus there is a large recreation room. School uses it all the time for this kinda stuff and also as fair warning, don't drink the punch.

I simply nodded, my hood bouncing slightly as Sarah noted that as a nod, I think. Then we began walking, as I had my hands in my hoodie's pocket in the front. Though it wasn't cold at all, it felt nice to have something to rest my hands in. Soon I felt Sarah's tail wrap around my waist, pulling me gently to her side.

Sarah: I have been........pondering over what you said and........though I fully agree to it, apart of me is scared. I know you wish to protect me but I don't want you to push me away instead, okay?

As she said this I quickly pondered over it before wrapping an arm around her.

Blake: I won't as doing so would only break my heart.

She smiled as I said that, soon separating as a large gym like building came into view. Out front the metal swinging doors were my roommates who smiled and waved at us as we approached.

Nate: You made it and this must be Sarah.

Blake: Yes, since you guys had to do some stuff in town she mentioned to lead me here.

Nate: Its a pleasure to meet you Sarah, my name is Nate and this is Mac and Ben.

Pointing to the other two.

Nate: Now lets get inside as the party is just heating up, and uhhh Blake, keep that hood fastened as the faculty told us that they would be announcing your surprise near the end of the party.

I simply nodded as we soon entered, Sarah going to look for her roommates and inside it was filled with all various kinds of students. The students being of all different sorts of anthros. Several tables near the walls were covered in plastic cups, a long table held the refreshments and across from where we entered was the stage. In the middle, many danced as music blasted from the speakers, a DJ working the music from a table near the stage. The DJ being a white furred female wolf, wearing booty shorts and a tight tank top though she didn't seem to mind the tightness from her expression. Seeing this I quickly looked away though noticed Nate staring. It was then that I noticed that he was in love you could say as I chuckled to myself, seeing the perfect opportunity.

Blake: Hey Nate, you see something?

Saying this he snapped out of it as he looked to me.

Nate: N-No, just looking around.

Blake: You sure? Cuz it seemed you were love struck for a second there.

I teased as he scratched his neck.

Nate: Y-Yeah.......

Hearing this I chuckled again as I placed a hand on his shoulder.

Blake: Go on my guy, ask her out.

Saying this surprised him, as despite his fur, knew was blushing underneath.

Nate: No she is way out of my league, plus I am not her type I bet.