Chapter 5: First Day of School

The first day of school, though to some it is a time of excitement, to me it was a time of nervousness to say the least. As I walked ip to the doors of the main building, students making their way to their classes, many stared at me and some even whispered silently with others. The reason being was I wasn't hiding my face anymore. Before it was a necessity for my safety, now it was something that no longer made me afraid. Though I felt nervous and anxious on what would occur, I simply ignored the nervousness and pushed through, entering the building.

Entering the building, I saw that it was very well kept and clean. Unlike the schools I attended way back when, it seems they actually try to not destroy the place. As I stood in the large atrium that connected all of the schools halls together, I began to feel nervous. With hundreds of eyes staring at me, I was worried that the worst could happen. What instead occurred was the opposite. Without warning I was swarmed by various anthros, billions of questions were being asked as I was silent.

My silence wasn't because I was afraid or shy, it wasn't that at all. Being hit with so many questions so quickly, I tried to answer but as I attempted to answer one, another was asked, and my mind was thrown into a chaotic whirlwind. It wasn't long till a loud whistle broke through the chaos, as everyone went silent. Soon came into view a man who wore a sort of military get up. Wearing camo pants, thick boots, and a dark green tank top. He was ripped, and being a Doberman anthro, he had a very stern look. Soon he spoke,  his voice being like a drill sergeant.

Doberman: Despite all that I taught you folks, when we receive a guest you bombard him with questions. You are all better than this, now head to class before I make this your class.

Without a word, everyone quickly left as I soon began to bring order to my thoughts as the Doberman approached. I regained my composure before looking to him.

Blake: Th-Thank you, sir.

I spoke with nervousness as I didn't want to be on this guy's bad side, but what happened next came as a surprise. His hand was placed on my shoulder as he gave a smile.

Doberman: Don't worry, your not in trouble, I am actually here to be your guide for awhile.

Blake: Guide?

Doberman: Yes, names Dan, but you can call me Sarge if you like. The eggheads in that research group you have been working with called me and gave me the run down on whats going on. Though let me properly introduce myself, I am the self defense teacher here and gym instructor.

I quickly nodded, taken back by his sudden change in tone.

Blake: Oh, names Blake........I didn't know that you guys would teach self defense? I thought you wouldn't need that knowing that you all have various skills and strengths.

Dan: You aren't wrong, but we teach it not to learn how to fight but how to use those strengths against whatever we face. Now lets get you somewhere where we can chat better as I have a lot to talk to you about.

He said as he wrapped his arm around me shoulders like a father would to their son. He was about half a foot taller than me, as we walked towards one of many gyms. Walking past a team of what I assume to be a girls sports team. I say I assume it was a sports team as for one, it was a group of girls in possibly the tightest gym clothes I had seen. Not looking too long I kept my eyes forward, hiding a blush as I mentally chastised myself for the thoughts I had. Not getting a good look at them we soon entered Dan's, or Sarge's, office.

The office was quite large, a desk across from where we entered sat, covered with papers, folders, with a computer for his work. On the right was a small bookshelf, with various pictures of Sarge. Noticing some were when he was in school, and to my surprise he was far skinnier in them than how he looked like now. On the left side of the room was a cot and bedding, along with a sink, fridge and stove. It was practically a office and one room apartment in one, as he went to the fridge, unwrapping his arm from my shoulders. opening it before tossing me a bottle of water. Catching it I nodded.