I love you

As the words left my mouth no one spoke. It was so quiet I could hear the others breathing. I looked in Levi's eyes and he seemed...hurt? Was that the right word? I don't know, I'm not sure but whatever it was, it wasn't happiness.

"You're leaving?" He spoke. His voice was quiet and it wasn't stern like usually.

"Only if I get selected..." He looked to the side as if he was thinking. It was like we were the only ones there, despite there being many people.

"Do you want to leave?" Now it was my turn to look to the side. What do I even say to that?

"...maybe." He sighed and ran a hand through his dark hair before turning on his heel and leaving.

"Go after him!" Eren advised after he saw me standing, looking at nothing in particular.

I decided to listen to my friend's advice and walked out the door, into the parking lot. I tried to spot his car but it was nowhere to be found. He left.

"Why does this keep happening to me?"

"Y/n, I can give you a ride." I turned around and saw Armin.

"But I don't know where he went. It would be pointless." Armin shook his head and took out his car keys.

"Instead of thinking where he went, why don't you think of a place he would definitely return to?" It took me a second to understand what he meant, but when I finally did I thought he was a genius.

"So, where are we going?" He asked as he started the car and put on his seatbelt, me doing the same.

"His dorm."

"Good choice."

~

Armin and I stood beside his dormitory door for four hours and he still hasn't come back.

"Armin, you don't have to stay." I said to him. He shook his head and pointed to my right. I turned my head and there he was. Messy hair, the white button up shirt wet and see through. 'It must be raining outside.'

Armin stood up and began to walk towards the exit. "I'll be outside." I nodded and thanked him. I watched Levi come closer to me. He looked at my eyes but didn't say anything. Just when I thought if I should say something he took his keys out of his pocket and opened the door, ignoring me completely.

"Wait-"

"Wanna come inside?" He asked softly. I nodded and stepped inside.

"Are you...mad at me?" I asked. I was standing in the middle of the room while he was sitting on his bed.

"No. And come sit on the bed." He patted the spot next to him. I sat on the bed. He wrapped his arms around me and nuzzled his head in the crook of my neck.

"I thought you were mad, because you left." I explained.

"I wasn't mad. I was sad." He said. 'I'm glad he's honest.' I thought to myself.

"There's no need to be." I said. He lifted his head to look at me.

"What do you mean?" I shrugged my shoulders.

"My playing wasn't perfect so I don't even know if I'm gonna get picked."

"But it was still good. So the possibility is still there." He said.

"We'll know for sure in three days, so until then let's spend our days being happy okay?" I stroked his hair gently. He looked at me and nodded.

"Okay."

~

"Y/n, you got it!!!" Hange shouted as she hugged me, almost knocking me down.

"Wait what?- wait really?!!!" I asked once I understood what she meant.

"Yes!!!" We started jumping around, celebrating the news.

"Brat, why are you so happy?"

"Levi, I got it, I got it!!!" I jumped on him excited. He looked at me and patted my head, smiling softly.

"I'm proud of you." He said as he kissed my head. He linked his arm with mine and started taking me to my dorm.

I opened the door and let him in.

"Get lost brats." He commended when he saw Eren and Armin on their beds.

"What? No! It is my dorm I can stay if I want." Eren protested.

"Get. Lost." Levi said sternly once again.

"Eren, just come with me." Armin grabbed Eren's hand and dragged him out of the dorm.

"What was that for?" I chuckled as I turned to face Levi.

"So I can do this." He locked his lips with mine, trapping me in a passionate kiss. He pushed me on the bed and slowly got on top of me.

"Is this alright?" He asked as his hand hovered above the button of my pants.

"It's perfect." I smiled at him.

"I fucking love you Y/n."

"I love you too."

~

"Are you sure you have everything?" Levi asked me for the thousand time.

"Yes, don't worry." I told him.

"Fly safe. Make sure to call me when you get there."

"Of course."

"We're gonna miss you Y/n!!!" Armin, Mikasa and Eren said at the same time.

"I'm gonna miss you too guys." I told them as I gave each of them a hug.

"Y/n, come and visit us sometime." Hange said as she hugged me tightly.

"I will, don't worry." I assured her.

I grabbed the handle of my suitcase and started walking towards the door of the airport.

"You better not forget me Y/n!" Levi shouted.

"Don't worry I won't! I'll remember you everyday!" I shouted back.

"I love you!"

"Love you too!"

'And the people you love go before you even notice it.'

A/n:
Hey guys, this is the last chapter of this story.

I really hope you enjoyed it!

Thank you for all the support, I'm beyond grateful and knowing that people are enjoying my story makes me really happy.

I will eventually write another story in the future (I have some ideas) but for now I'll take a break.

Thank you again for all the support.

Bye!!!

From Lin to reader-chan♥️