The news.

3 days after the incident, the former third Hokage, is going to deliver the news to the village hero's best friends.

Ha arrived at the Uzumaki-Namikaze residence. They hadn't heard about the news yet.

"Oh hello Hiruzen-san, what brings you here?" Minatory says cheerfully. "You'll have to sit down for this" Hiruzen says sternly.

Minato let's Hiruzen in and they both sit down.

"Ah! Hiruzen-san! What brings you here?" Kushina says joyfully. "He said he has news for USC and it's important" Minato informs his wife. She sits down next to him.

"Hana and Hiashi are dead, they died 3 nights ago during the nine tails attack." Hiruzen says. Kushina and Minato sat there, nothing knowing how to take this information they had just received.

"W-why...d-didn't...a-anyone t-tell u-us..." Kushina says in a low tone, "Don't we deserve to know what happened to our best friends!" She began to cry, Minato comforted her.

"I should have told you two sooner, I just didn't think it was the right time, I mean Naruto was just born...and another thing...It was a unanimous decision but they want you to replace Hiashi as fourth Hokage" Hiruzen says again.

"I can't do that! That's not right...yes he was my rival...I can't do that..." Minato says unsure. "You can step into office anytime you feel like it, but that's what everyone wants, the news is being announced later today" Hiruzen finishes.

Kushina's sobbing reduced, and she cleared her throat. "W-when's t-their f-funeral?" She asked. "In a few weeks" He says, before standing up. "O-okay..." She says back. "Have a good day Hiruzen-san" Minato says. "You too" He says. And with that he left.