The Outlanders

Meanwhile, in the outlands, A group of lions led by Zira lived and trained at a makeshift cave made from a termite mound. But today was the day Zira's son Kovu Dreaded the most, fight training day. He woke up and walked over to a large open area and made his way over to his mother on the other side. "Alright, Kovu walk to the opposite side and then when I say go we fight" "ok mom". So he went to the other side and when his mom said go she shot a fireball at his head he just avoided it but it ended up burning his side. "Wait!! You never said we could use powers" "in a real fight the opponent will use whatever they have to beat you". Then she shot another one at him hitting him right in the chest, Kovu put his paw on the marks and his paw glowed then they were gone. "Kovu stop healing and use your powers to fight back" "But I don't like to fight, you know this mom" "fine if you want to be a disappointment leave and come back when you are ready". So Kovu ran, he wanted to run away, far away, from his life here in the outlands, away from his mother and his tribe, but he was stuck there because he couldn't go into the pridelands. He was so angry and upset that he forgot about the boundary and ran across the log over the river and right into the pridelands. Meanwhile, Kion and his father helped the king and his daughter to carry his mother to a large hollowed-out tree. In the tree were hundreds of fruits and mixtures in bowls. Then a mandrill came down from the tree and said, "ahh, Kion, king Amaru, and queen Arafa. I've seen what has happened the great lions of the past told me, come set her here and I will begin my healing process". They walked out of the tree, and Kion asked if he could explore, and the king said yes. As he was exploring the new lands a brown blur ran into him as they both fell to the ground. Kion got up right away but when he saw a cub the same age as him he calmed down and helped him up. "Sorry I wasn't looking I was just upset about something between me and my mom, By the way, my name is Kovu" "nice to meet you my name is Kion and I am from the 4 elements but our home was attacked and had to leave because after we fought them back we lost many of our warriors" "well it was nice to meet you but I have to go" "wait, I mean why don't you say here so you can rest" "ok, thanks a lot".