Chapter Thirty-Nine

~Day 4 of 20~

__________
"What's on TV tonight, Zo?" I call into the kitchen while editing my latest video.

"Erm, not sure!" She calls back. "There's a TV guide on the coffee table."

I reach over and flick to Saturday 26th August. Corrie- nah. The Voice UK- nah. Would You Ever-nah. Wait what?

When two completely different, single people are paired up and sent on a date, what's going to happen? In tonight's episode Faye Montgumery and Alfie Deyes.

I quickly pressed record silently to watch later- on my own- before shouting back to Zoe "Nothing's on tonight Zoe! How about a film?"

Zoe walked into the living room with her hair up in a messy bun, no makeup on and a bowl of cookie dough in her arms. "I saw something that looked quite cool advertising the other day that starts tonight on ITV."

She grabs the controller from the coffee table and flicks through to the channel. "Yeah, 'Would You Ever?' Sounds good, right?"

"But Zoe-" she walked out of the room, obviously not wanting to deal with my indecisiveness right now.

I open up Twitter, where hundreds of people are talking about Alfie being on tonight. I start to feel really anxious and scared. What if seeing this makes Zoe upset again? I needed to stop her from watching it.

"Why don't we catch up on PLL tonight instead?" I suggest, wondering into the kitchen.

"Hmm." Zoe pretty much ignores me and carries on spooning the mixture onto the tray.

"Or a film? We haven't watched St Trinians for a while?" I try again.

"Peppa," Zoe sighs, turning round. "There's actually some good Saturday night TV on for once, please can we watch it?"

"But I don't really want to." I wander off.

"Peppa!" Zoe says rather sternly. I was surprised by this tone of voice, so I walked right back immediately. "We're both going to sit down, eat our dinner and watch Would You Ever. Okay?"

"No, Zoe I really don't-" I start.

"Peppa, I can't deal with this right now, okay? Just go upstairs, cool off and then come back down in around 20 minuets when dinners done." Zoe shoves the tray of cookies into the oven and sets her timer.

I stand there for about 10 seconds before Zoe gives me a look that clearly says 'if you don't do what I say, things are gonna get bad', so I hurried off upstairs like I was told to.

After my cooling off time, I head back downstairs where Zoe is plating up our dinner.

"Ah, perfect." She smiles, handing me my food.

We settle down onto the sofa with my heart pounding. Suddenly, I don't feel as hungry anymore.

We hear the man on telly say "and up next is 'Would You Ever'" and then it starts.

__________
Cliffhanger!

QOTD: if I published my own book, that wasn't a fanfic (my own characters) would you read it?
AOTD: Urm well, probably not because it's my own bookboll