Lewd Intentions

Julie barely managed to balance herself with her daughter crying and fussing in her arms as her lover's wife pushed her out of their house and into the cold, stormy night.

"Get out! This is your last warning. If I ever see you or your noisy kid around my husband again, I will take her away and you won't ever see her again."

Samantha had returned from her business trip to find the younger woman living with her husband when she'd insisted she'd have nothing to do with them if she wanted to keep her daughter.

But Julie was destitute; she had nowhere to live, no parents to help and no source of income to provide for her infant daughter. Robert wasn't as heartless as his wife, he occasionally checked on them. When he saw the state they were in, he took them back to live under his stairs.

He promised that his wife couldn't hurt them and being naive, she believed him.

But she should've known that his promises meant nothing.

As soon as Samantha found out she had been living in her house when she'd strictly prohibited it, she grabbed Julie by her silken hair and threw her out of the house in the middle of the rainstorm.

"Please, please don't do this now!" She sobbed, getting on her knees and begging, holding onto the expensive fabric of the cunning woman's suit. "Please, it's cold and I have nowhere to protect my baby girl from the weather. Please have mercy."

She spared a tearful glance to Robert but he immediately looked away. He stared at the ground in shame, allowing his wife to throw them out —throw his baby daughter out— on the streets in the dead of winter.

In that moment, all the feelings she still harboured towards the older man froze like ice. He wasn't the man she thought he was. He wasn't the dependable gentleman that she'd been so enamoured with. He'd let his wife kick his own flesh and blood out just so he wouldn't get in trouble.

"Get your filthy hands off me, you bitch." She sneered at the smaller woman as she wrestled her leg away from her trembling grip. Just then, the maid came out, holding a small suitcase.

"Good. Throw the bag to the cheap wh*re and let's get back inside. It's cold in here." She rubbed her coat-clad arms, mocking Julie as she and her daughter got bombarded with the glacial wind.

With emotionless eyes, the maid threw the bag right by her feet. After one final hateful glare, she stalked back inside with Robert hot on her tail. It was only when the door slammed in her face that she moved; grabbing her suitcase and walking away from their house and out of Ivy's father's life forever.

"Shhh, honey. It's going to be okay. You have me. I'm never gonna leave you, baby girl." She chocked on a sob as she tried to soothe her crying daughter. Her heart tore to shreds and she fought back the tears in her eyes as she heard her little baby's shrieks of pain.

Even with the layers she was covered in, Ivy was shivering in her arms. The stabbing rain had soaked them both to the bone and the freezing gusts of wind that attacked them as she walked away threatened to blow her away.

She managed to walk until she found refuge between the bushes among some plants that were tall enough to shield them from the rain. It was away from Samantha's house so she could take shelter there and not worry about her calling the police.

She sat down and immediately hugged Ivy into her arms, rubbing warmth into her skin to ease the numbingly-cold weather. She needed to change her wet clothes but was scared to bare her to the excruciating cold. She settled for removing her wet blanket and replaced it with one of the clothes from the suitcase.

She sang her favourite lullaby as she rocked her settling daughter back and forth, silently praying for this weather to ease so that her child didn't suffer anymore.