Chapter 18: What the heck is going on?: Keefe's POV

Keefe couldn't see anything. He was sure his eyes were open, but it was as if a shadow were covering his vision. Making everything in his brain fuzzy and muffled.

A pair of strong hands were leading him to who knows where. He struggled to get away, but when he did he felt a cold darkness inside of him grow thicker and thicker. At some point he just stopped struggling. Keefe went with a new tactic.

"Who are you? Where are you taking us?" he asked.

Nothing.

"Hey, person, I'm talking to you," Keefe persisted. "Don't you know who I am? I'm Lord Hunkyhair, King of Good-Hair Land and President of Team Hunkyhair and his Awesome Trio."

The person behind him sighed and muttered something about immature teenagers.

He wondered where the others were. Were they okay? Were they being led to the same place? They had to find a way out of here. They couldn't let the cloaked people know who they truly were or their entire families would be in danger. Of course they probably already knew who Keefe was, but he'd still do all he could to protect his friends.

Friends.

The word floated around the darkness in his head.

Keefe had only known Gears and Moon for two weeks, but they've been through a lot together. Moon had literally saved his life twice. Once at the bank and the other time at the jewelry store. Gears also saved his life by patching up his bullet wound. And then for more than a week after that he went every single day to check up on him even though he had no idea who Keefe was. Gears had no reason to help him, but he did it anyway.

And then there was Bangs Boy. Annoying and unstylish, Bangs Boy. Keefe had known him for a year now and Bangs Boy still got on his nerves. But they've been on enough missions and had enough phone calls (that usually ended up in fights) for Keefe to consider him a friend. An annoying friend. Just to be clear.

Keefe felt as if he were being led down a set of stairs. Maybe this was his chance to escape. Pretend to trip and then attack. He could conjure a weapon right into his hand. But what about Moon, Gears and Bangs Boy? Would that put them in danger? They could probably handle themselves though, right? Moon and Bangs Boy had abilities. Gears didn't, but he was smart and from what Keefe's heard, Gears had to wrestle his siblings all the time.

The plan, if you could call it that, was a go. Now he just needed a weapon. He didn't know if he could get something all the way from his house, so that was out. Was there something nearby that he could use? At the Coit Tower's gift shop there were postcards and random knick knacks, but nothing useful. Keefe didn't even know if they were still at Coit Tower.

Wait. Bangs Boy had a bag full of fairly thick school books along with him. Perfect.

Now Keefe just had to hope that he was quick enough and that this plan would work and that he didn't end up getting stabbed to death. Yeah, best plan ever.

Keefe took a deep breath. And went straight to action. He tripped on one of the steps, feeling the person's grip on his arms loosen and the blackness covering his sight disappear. He didn't have time to take in his surroundings as he immediately conjured one of Bangs Boy's school books into his hand. Keefe turned and, with all his might, smacked the hard cover right on the side of the person's head, knocking them unconscious.

"Hey! What are you doing?" a person above him yelled. Keefe looked up and saw a young man holding Bangs Boy captive. Behind them were two more people holding Gears and Moon hostage.