Chapter 4: Something goes Wrong: Keefe's POV

"So let me get this right. According to you, Bangs Boy, the police are planning on setting up a trap. In the bank. To catch the gang of drug dealers that have been causing trouble lately?" Keefe asked.

"Yes. I'm surprised your brain actually managed to process that, Funkyhair," said the voice over the phone.

Keefe sighed. "Three things Bangs Boy: First, one does not simply insult the hair. Second, it's Hunkyhair. Third, you're one to talk with those unfashionable bangs of yours that-"

"Do you ever just shut up?" complained Bangs Boy over the phone. "They are bigger things to worry about other than your idiotic hair. For instance, are you going to do something about this trap the police are coming up with? Or are you going to do nothing because, from what I can tell, the police seem to have it under control".

"Fine. If you want to talk seriously then here's what I think. There is no need for me to waste my time to help the police with something they don't even need help with. They'll catch the gang of drug dealers, bring them to justice and then probably grab a donut or something. I don't even know why you bothered to tell me-"

"I bothered to tell you because you said to inform you of any updates on the police's plans! And that's what I did. So, sorry for actually doing what you told me to do. Do you even ever think of what I might be putting at risk by getting you this information?"

Keefe stayed silent, dazed by Bangs Boy's outburst. He tried to think of something to say, but his mind stayed blank. Keefe had never thought what it must be like for Bangs Boy or what was going on in his life. He didn't even know his actual name.

They had met a year before in a crime scene. Keefe had just started his career in trying to stop crime and for some reason Bangs Boy was there lurking in the shadows (quite literally since he's a shade). Since that day, they have worked together on finding the planned crimes the police had or had managed to uncover from criminals. They gave each other code names and decided whether they thought the police would need help on their mission in stopping these planned crimes.

While most of the time Bangs Boy found out what the police had uncovered (Keefe had no idea how he did this, but Bangs Boy seemed to have a reliable source), Keefe was the one who tended to actually go on these missions to assist the police (obviously the police had no idea Keefe was helping them). Once in a while Bangs Boy would accompany him, but most of the time he stayed behind.

Bangs Boy sighed over the phone, "Sorry I'm just having a bad day".

"No, it's fine. You're right," Keefe muttered. He couldn't believe he was about to say this. "I should be more appreciative of what you do. So... Thank you."

"Wow, are you okay Funkyhair? You. Of all people. Saying thank you? Dude, did you hit your head or something?" Bangs Boy said.

Keefe groaned. "You're already making me regret saying that. That was a one time thing, by the way".

"Pfft, sure-" Bangs Boy's voice slowed to a halt.

Keefe waited for him to continue, but nothing happened.

"Bangs Boy, you there?"

"Uh, yeah, sorry. My father is being annoyingly intrusive, demanding to know who I'm talking to."

Keefe smirked, but inside he felt the black pit in his heart awaken. "Know the feeling. I mean, usually it's Mommy Dearest who is nosy about everything I do, but-"

"Look I gotta go, but remember the bank-trap thingy is tonight."

"Okay, but I don't think I'm going to go anyway..." Keefe answered.