Chapter 20: Unknown Secrets: Fitz's POV

A/N: Hey! Sorry this chapter is pretty short and not very well written. This is Fitz's first POV chapter, I hope you enjoy! :) 

The drive back to Fitz's home was quiet.

Fitz had held Keefe as he cried, not knowing what else to do. Fitz wasn't the best when it came to emotions. He was working on it though. Recently he has been trying to express himself more and be more supportive of friends emotionally. With Keefe it was easy to do though since they've known each other for ages. With others not so much.

Fitz didn't know what had happened to Keefe or why he was so upset, but he didn't want to push any boundaries. So he stayed quiet waiting to see if Keefe wanted to share anything.

When Fitz first saw Keefe walking towards the car he was scared. He was so beaten up and pale Fitz was worried he might need to bring him to the hospital. Fitz had suggested it, but Keefe immediately protested.

Keefe's right cheek was swollen and the back of his head and neck was covered in dried blood. His skin was clammy and pale with bleeding cuts from tiny pieces of broken glass. And from the way he was breathing Fitz could tell it really hurt him.

Whoever did this to Keefe had earned Fitz's hatred. He despised this person for hurting his friend so badly.

Fitz pulled into the driveway and noticed that the living room light was on. Biana must have woken up.

Fitz helped Keefe out of the car and to the front door. Keefe gasped out in pain from one of his injuries. Fitz could smell alcohol from his breath. This made Fitz worry even more. Not only because Keefe was underaged, but because Keefe had told Fitz he'd promised himself never to drink. He didn't want to become like his drunk dad.

The door immediately opened to show Biana wearing her teal lace pajamas.

"Keefe, oh my gosh, are you okay?" she said, running to his other side to help escort him into the house.

Keefe managed a nod, but you could tell he was hurting.

Once Keefe was settled on a kitchen stool Biana got the first AID kit from under the sink. Fitz opened the kit up and glanced at Keefe. He didn't even know which wound to start cleaning.

"Where are your parents?" Keefe said with a hoarse voice.

"On a business trip," Biana said. "It was a last minute thing."

"Biana, could you get a glass of water and an ice pack for Keefe?" Fitz asked. Biana nodded, her eyes drifting to Keefe's face. She was obviously wondering what had happened to him. She was worried just like Fitz.

Fitz began cleaning and disinfecting all the small cuts on Keefe's arms. When Biana came back with the water and ice, Fitz gave the water to Keefe and handed him a pain pill.

"Take that, you'll feel better," Fitz said. "And hold the ice pack to your swollen cheek."

Keefe did as he was told and Fitz finished cleaning his wounds.

"You should get some rest. I'll get you a change of clothes," Fitz said. He turned to Biana, "You get back to bed, sis. No sneaking around invisible."

She reluctantly agreed and said goodnight.

In Fitz's bedroom, Keefe was getting dressed in a pair of Fitz's clothes when Fitz noticed something.

"Hey, what's that?" Fitz asked, pointing at Keefe's right shoulder. There was a round dark spot that looked like a scar.

Keefe looked down and immediately shrugged. "I dunno, could be anything."

Fitz could tell he was hiding something. When had he become so secretive? They used to share pretty much everything with each other.

Keefe looked down at his stomach and groaned, "Aww man, that's a huge bruise."

Fitz saw a purple-blue bruise on Keefe's stomach. "That looks like it hurts."

"Yeah, I think I broke a rib or something."

"You wanna go to the doctor for that?"

Keefe shook his head, "Not worth it. It'll cosht so much and for what? an x-ray telling me how many ribs I broke and then they just tell me to rest lots."

Keefe's speech was still slurred. Fitz shrugged, "Suit yourself. They could prescribe you some medicine to help with the healing process."

"I have someone else I can ask about that and for free too. He's studying to be a doctor," Keefe said.

"Really? Who is he?" Fitz asked.

"Dunno."

"How do you not know?"

"I don't know his real name or anything," Keefe said.

That made no sense to Fitz. How can you ask someone for medical advice and trust them without knowing their actual name? He didn't get it.

"Ok," he said, letting it go for now. "You need to rest. I'll let you have the bed cause I don't want to accidentally kick you in the ribs or anything."

Keefe laughed and then immediately stopped, "Yeah, laughing's a big no-no."

Fitz made his own makeshift bed on the floor with a pillow and blankets. Keefe found Mr. Snuggles under one of the pillows on the bed and threw it at Fitz's face.

"Here you go sleeping beauty."

"Thank you, Prince Phillip," Fitz said, jokingly. "I better not wake up in the morning to you kissing me."

"Stop it, dude. You're going to make me die from laughter. Literally, I'm in pain right now," Keefe couldn't help but laugh. "Besides that's Mr. Snuggles' job. That shiny, red dragon was your true love at first sight."

Fitz would have thrown a pillow at Keefe's face, but since he was recently injured he refrained from doing so.

"Shut up," Fitz said, turning off the light. "If you need anything let me know. Now go to bed, dummy."

"Ok. 'Night, Fitzter."

Soon Fitz could hear the change in Keefe's breathing and knew he'd fallen asleep. Fitz was just glad that Keefe was back to his old self, making jokes and laughing. When Keefe was crying in the car he looked about ready to break forever. Like shattered glass.