- chapter 5 -

HEY BESTIES DID YOU MISS ME

JK YOU DONT EVEN KNOW WHO I AM BUT ANYWAY

SORRY FOR DYING FOR LIKE A MONTH

I SWEAR I DIDNT MEAN TO I JUST COULDNT THINK OF ANYTHUNG TO WRITE ABOUT AND THEN BOOM AN ENTIRE MONTH PASSES

BUT ANYWAY, WE REACHED 1K READS OH MY GOD

I gained a bit of motivation from that many reads, so here you go children

im trying to make xiao more tsundere-y but im not a very good writer and it's not working so pls forgive me 🙏

—————
(unedited)

Xiao's pov

I was out fighting some hilichurls that had appeared nearby. When I got back, I saw y/n sitting on the railing of the balcony. A small smile formed on my lips. I don't know why, but lately I've been enjoying y/n's company more than usual. It was quite an odd feeling, and I didn't like it. I decided I'd scare her from behind. Although, as I got closer, I froze. She was humming a melody, a melody I knew far too well.

Guizhong's lullaby.

A just stood there, listening to her hum. It was a peaceful melody that Guizhong used to sing to us regularly. She was a kind woman, but her death didn't faze me too much, as I had seen many people close to me die often.

On a lighter note, I'd noticed y/n had been meeting with a certain Fatui boy often recently. She does know the threat he poses, right? Or is she still as naive as she always was? I should probably tell her before things spiral out of hand.

2nd person pov

You were coming close to the end of the melody when you noticed Xiao's presence.

"Oh hello there Xiao, I didn't notice you.." you trailed off, still thinking about Guizhong.

Xiao simply said nothing but took a seat beside you. Laying your head on his shoulder, you both gazed out into the enticing view that you'd seen many times.

A frown appeared on Xiao's lips, remembering what he wanted to tell you.

"Hey, y/n..?"

You hummed softly.

"The orange haired boy you've been meeting recently-"

You looked up, and turned to face him.

"You know about Childe..?"

Completely ignoring your question, he continued.

"You know he's Fatui right?"

You stammered with your words.

"Well- he could be but what does that matter, literally most people are Fatui nowadays!" You tried coming up with a compelling argument.

"But only 11 of them are harbingers."

Your eyes widened.

"You couldn't possibly mean.."

"That's exactly what I mean."

You shook your head lightly.

"You're just saying that because he's a mortal. I'm sure if he were immortal you wouldn't care less."

"Would I lie to you?" He looked into your eyes.

"Er, yes- well no, but.. yes?"

Xiao just sighed deeply and turned back to the sky.

"Just promise me you'll be careful if you return to meet him again."

You scoffed at him, not believing that Childe imposed that large of a threat.

"Yeah, yeah, okay." You said quite light-heartedly. Who said you had to listen to Xiao? So maybe he was a bit wiser than you, but by A BIT. Plus, in your defense, you're a powerful adeptus so if anything were to happen you could easily defeat Childe in battle. Harbinger or not, there's almost nobody more powerful than you.

Or so you thought.

——————

sorry that the chapter is so short I just needed something to put out

the next chapter will be longer I promise <333