- chapter 7 -

(unedited)

You were roaming around the harbor with Childe. It had become a daily walk now, a daily walk which you most thoroughly enjoyed. Day by day, you felt more accustomed to Childe and your feelings for him had no sign of going away.

Also in a rather odd twist of events, Childe himself had grown closer to you so much, to the point where he was hesitant whether he wanted to kill you or not. Keep in mind this is a battle-hungry fatui harbinger we're talking about, a man who would mindlessly slaughter anything in front of him without a second thought. Although now, he's actually giving you, of all people, the second most powerful adeptus in Liyue, a second thought?

Absurd. Absolutely absurd.

Suddenly, you heard someone come up behind you, Childe noticed them too.

"Y/N," The person said, clearing their throat, "Miss Ganyu has requested your presence at her office."

You turned around fully to face them.

"Ganyu? What does she need?" You asked, puzzled. You saw Ganyu at the rite less than a month ago, her asking to see you randomly was quite out of place.

"I do not know, for I am just a messenger." The person said. "All that I was told was to tell you that Miss Ganyu requested your presence. I will be on my way now."

And with that, the person turned around and walked away.

Childe looked at the back of the person, then to you, questioningly.

"Ah, well uh, I'll be back then, I'll just go see what Ganyu needs. Meet me back here when-"

"Can I come with you?" Childe interrupted you.

You took a second to think about it.

"Eh, it's probably nothing. I'll be quick, don't worry." And with that, you set off to the other side of the harbor, where Ganyu worked.

Rather, you went behind a tree and teleported there.

--

"Ganyu?" You knocked on the door, peering inside.

Ganyu looked up from her stack of papers.

"Oh, Y/N! Come in, come in." She got up from her seat and beckoned you inside.

You walked inside and took a seat on the chair in front of Ganyu's desk.

"So, what do you need?" You asked her.

Her face morphed into a serious expression.

You were slightly taken aback at the sudden change of mood, wondering if this had anything to do with Morax.

"Ganyu..? Is everything okay?" You said, slowly.

"What?" She said, then she understood. "OH, no no it's nothing of that sort, this is about you."

You raised an eyebrow.

"You know, that harbinger-"

"Oh my god, not this again.." You groaned. "Xiao has already told me countless times to 'stay away from the harbinger' and 'be careful around him.'" You raised your voice to a high pitched squeak while mocking him.

"What he's saying is correct, though." Ganyu's voice slightly rose. "That harbinger is a dangerous man, and I have no idea how you got in contact with him but you need to cut the ties." She was standing up from her seat now, while you stayed put.

You weren't used to Ganyu scolding you, she was always such a calm soul.

"Ganyu trust me, he isn't like the others-"