- chapter 6 -

(unedited)

You took the Frosted Spear of Fear (your weapon, might change the name later) rested on your wall and walked out to the balcony. Just as you were about to disappear to Liyue Harbor you heard someone behind you.

"You're going to the harbor again?" He asked, eyes gazing at the back of your head.

"I swear Xiao, if you bring up Childe again-"

"Just promise me you'll be careful"

"I already promised you that yesterday!"

Xiao could hear the hint of irritation in your voice.

"Your promises are known to be light hearted.."

By the time he could say that, though, you had already disappeared in a flash of white snowflakes.

You appeared behind a tree just before the bridge to the harbor. As you walked in, you went to Wanmin restaurant to get some food before you went to look for Childe.

"Y/N!"

You looked to where the voice came from.

"Xiangling! It's so good to see you!" You smiled at her.

"I haven't seen you for so long! What brings you to the harbor today?" She looked over at you questioningly.

"Oh, I'm just here to get some food, what's the special today?" You asked.

"Some Springvale boar from Mondstadt!" She replied ecstatically.

"Mondstadt? Is that where you've been this entire time?"

"Yep! A lot happened while I was there, including competing in a cooking competition which led me to find an extinct boar, but I'll tell you about that later, right now the restaurant is in a bit of a rush hour right now!" She hurried those last words.

"Oh don't worry about it, I'll just have some of the Springvale Boar then," You smiled at her.

"One Springvale boar coming up!" Xiangling hurried back into the kitchen.

"You know the chef here?"

You turned around and saw Childe standing there.

"Oh Childe! I was just about to come look for you, pleasure to meet you here!" You sighed, happy that one weight was lifted off your shoulder.

"What's the restaurant's special today?" Childe said, while looking over at the serving counter.

"Xiangling got some boar from Mondstadt, care to join me?"

"Why of course!" He chuckled and took a seat in front of you.

Meanwhile

Xiao stood at the balcony for a few minutes after you left. With the way you said it, there was absolutely no way you meant the promise you said to him.

Should I go and keep watch on her..? Xiao thought.

No, I'm sure she'd find that a bit creepy..

All of a sudden it occurred to him.

You were fairly close with Ganyu, surely she could knock some sense into you.

Xiao looked around before disappearing in a green flash.

He appeared in front of Ganyu's office, and the other businesswomen there took notice of the young adeptus as he did not visit often. He saw someone rushing out of her office and went to knock on the door.

"Come in!" He heard Ganyu say.

"Xiao? What brings you here?" Ganyu stepped up from her seat and put her paperwork down.

Xiao cleared his throat.

"I, uh, need your help on something." He said.

"Oh? The great vigilant yaksha needs my help on something?" She chuckled softly.

"It's about Y/N."

Ganyu looked up, face forming into one of confusion and concern.

"What happened?"

"She's been seeing a certain person lately-"

"Xiao if this is about you being jealous that Y/N may like someone else," Ganyu interrupted him.

"No, it's not that," A very light blush crept up on Xiao's cheeks, one which Ganyu noticed instantly.

"She's been seeing a harbinger."

"A harbinger? You couldn't possibly mean a fatui harbinger, could you?"

"The very same."

"Well, there is one particular ginger-haired harbinger in Liyue right now.." Ganyu hurried to the side of her office to look for some files she kept about the harbinger.

"My point is," Xiao said, "I need you to talk some sense into Y/N. We both know how naive she is and that harbinger could be tricking her into doing anything for all we know."

Ganyu merely nodded her head.

"Very well then, i'll have one of my assistants go get her for me."

She turned back to find the file and when she found it she turned back around, only to see that the adeptus was gone.

"That strange boy.." She murmured to herself. 

-------

a/n

wow it actually didn't take me an entire month to update

I should really start focusing more on this so im gonna try updating at least twice a week

but im also writing 3 other ffs at the same time so no promises </3

anyway I wrote a venti x reader modern au so I recommend you check that out because the writing and format itself is very thought out there unlike this thing that was a random idea

anyway hopefully I update this within the next 3 days so cya

also help I got kazoo and now I think im becoming a kazoo main