Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy (Kevin x Reader)

Cowboy butts drive me nuts   o(* ̄▽ ̄*)o

Word Count: 1421

Type: Fluff

_______________________________________

"Lookin' purdy, Darlin'~" A deep, sultry voice spoke from behind (Y/N), startling her greatly. "After this match, why don't we head back to my room. I can show you what this lasso can really do~" The thick southern accent of the Cowboy flustered his teammate. So much so that she failed a calibration on the cipher she was decoding.

"Kevin!" (Y/N) shouted. "Don't say things like that, you creep!" She scolded, turning her attention away from the cipher. 

"Aww come on, Doll." The man sauntered around to stand in front of her. "You know I'm just messin' with ya." He wore a smug smile on his face as he began decoding the machine with (Y/N). "...But that offer still stands." Kevin whispered under his breath. Another calibration was missed.

"You perv!!" 

"The hunter has changed targets! Beware!" One of their teammates shouted from across the map. As soon as Kevin and (Y/N) heard the message, a red and black light flickered at the cipher. The two survivors immediately took off in different directions. The hunter, Galatea, appeared at the machine right as they began to run. She swiftly glanced between the pair and decided to go for the weaker person, that being (Y/N).

It wasn't long before statues were flying at the female from all directions. Galatea had a very accurate hand when it came to placing down statues. With her impeccable precision, it was very difficult to kite her. Especially for a decoder like (Y/N). 

She still tried her best to contain, though. Some advice came to mind as she was running. Her teammates had taught her many different strategies recently, so she thought she'd give them a try. Throwing pallets down to create distance, running out in the open to dodge statues easier, looping around small areas. These were just a few of the things that helped her kite the powerful hunter. 

(Y/N) didn't last as long as she would have liked against Galatea, but it was still enough time for the others to get a few ciphers done. There were still two more, but they'd be done soon enough. The girl kneeled on the ground in a daze. She saw stars as her head spun. 

Galatea quickly made her way to the incapacitated form of (Y/N) and picked her up. She began moving toward the chair with the girl held up by the balloons. But without warding, she was ripped away in mid air.

"I gotcha, Doll!" The cowboy grinned as he pulled (Y/N) over his shoulder and started running.

Galatea muttered a few curses under her breath before chasing after the duo. She was gaining on them fast, her statues pushing Kevin back every few seconds. 

"Kevin! Put me down, if she hits you, you'll be downed!" (Y/N) shouted, bouncing uncomfortably on the cowboy's shoulder. 

"And miss seeing you like this? No way. You know that little dress of yours is pretty impractical. I ain't complainin' though. It gives me such a nice view when I carry you~" Kevin laughed as (Y/N)'s face turned scarlet red. He couldn't see it, but he definitely could imagine it. Especially since she went silent and buried her face in his back. "Ya know, I ain't no donkey herder, but I sure can wrangle that ass~"