Pleasure in Fear (Apollo!Joseph x Scared!Reader)

Requested by: @Nanairi

Another Joseph story!! He seems to be a fan favorite around here~ 

I'm not complaining though, I love writing for him <3

(Joseph will be a bit sadistic and mean in this story, so be warned.)

Type: ...I'm not too sure how to categorize this one 

Word Count: 1,269

______________________________________________

Asylum. 

Arguably the scariest map the survivors must traverse. The rooms were littered with old documents and reports of patients that once resided there. Rusted equipment sat lonely in nearly every room. Illegible, frantic writing scattered the walls. Rats scurried across the floors, creating scuffing noises that sent shocks of fear through even the most tough survivors. This place was haunting.

Not the best impression for (Y/N)'s first match. 

Currently, the disoriented girl was blindly running around the hallways, trying to make sense of the rooms. Each one looked exactly the same as the last, yet they increasingly got more and more frightening. The atmosphere was thick and heavy, air humid. (Y/N) felt almost dizzy with all the twisting paths. 

It took nearly 5 minutes but she finally made it to a secluded cipher. It rested against a wall near the outermost part of the map. Making her way up to it, (Y/N) began decoding. As she tapped away at the keys on the machine, a sudden flash blinded her for a moment. 

"What was that?" The lone survivor whispered to herself, becoming increasingly uncomfortable as time went on. She tried to ignore her discomfort, but the situation was beginning to be too much. She had not encountered a single teammate since the start of the match, she didn't know where she was, and there was a stranger hunting her down. It was all so overwhelming. 

"Why did I agree to come here?" (Y/N) scanned her surroundings once was about to finish her cipher. It was nearly done, but another flash soon filled her vision. She blinked a couple times, trying to see clearly again. When the fuzziness went away, the cipher's progress was back at 30%. This was the final straw for the poor girl. 

It may have seemed irrational, but (Y/N) couldn't help it. She broke down into tears. Everything was just too much. She didn't understand anything that was happening. Instead of completing the cipher, she leaned against the wall opposite to it and let her tears freely fall. The survivor didn't even attempt to stop them. She didn't care at this point. 

After 10 minutes of surrounding silence and muffled sobs, another flash blinded her. She didn't react this time. She simply stayed in her spot against the wall. Tears still rolled down her face, but she didn't care to wipe them away. 

Without warning, a tall man appeared out of thin air and swiped at the cipher. If (Y/N) had still been decoding, she'd have gotten terror shocked for sure. The swishing sound of the sword made her look up in surprise. 

The male in front of her wore a toga and cape. The garments ended above knee level, the cape flowed behind him. His head was adorned with a crown of golden leaves. Gauntlets protected his forearms and gilded belts and sashes decorated his torso. He looked like someone out of ancient Rome. 

Bright, glowing eyes peered at the cowering girl curiously. "Well what do we have here?" A deep, low voice smugly questioned. The man loomed over the girl, making her even more fearful than she already was. His intimidating height terrified her. Not to mention the deadly blade that rested in his left hand. 

"Hello there, little one~" A mocking tone pierced through the air, making the girl shiver. 

(Y/N) turned her head away, not wanting to see the man before her. She stayed silent except for the small sniffles that came every few seconds. The man kneeled down, but even then he was still much taller than her. He remained a few feet away, giving distance so he could observe her fully.

"I've never had a survivor cry before," He mused, a smirk forming on his face. "I can't say I don't enjoy it though." He looked her up and down, taking in her petite appearance. The hunter moved forward, further scaring the girl. "What's your name, my dear?" 

(Y/N) didn't respond. She stayed quiet, turning her head and curling up. He gave her a few seconds to speak, but no words came out. "Not going to answer me, are you? No matter. I'll get your name soon enough. Until then, my name is Joseph." The photographer grabbed (Y/N)'s small hand and pulled her forward. The force of his tug caused her to fall toward him. As the survivor was losing her balance, Joseph moved backwards, leading the girl to land on the ground. The man let out a small chuckle at the pitiful sight. 

"You're too easy, my dear~" Teasing words haunted her. (Y/N) picked herself up and leaned against the wall once more, continuing to stay mute out of fear. "Though, I'm growing tired of your silence. Speak out, lest you want me to eliminate you from the game?" Joseph's threat wasn't empty. The man was ruthless. The warning obviously rattled the survivor, as she visibly shook. "Now, tell me your name." 

Was getting eliminated bad? What were the consequences? Did elimination mean death? These thoughts swirled through (Y/N)'s mind. Deciding it wasn't worth the risk to find out, she finally took a deep breath and spoke up. 

"(Y/N)." Was the only word she revealed. Her voice was quiet, nearly inaudible. But it was enough for the man before her. 

"Ah, so the little mouse does have a voice!" Joseph smirk grew, eyes darkening. "A beautiful one, at that." Again, he took her hand. This time, he brought it up to his lips and pressed a long kiss to it. Joseph's smile lingered on the back of her hand for too long, causing (Y/N) to try to pull back. The photographer didn't allow this though. Instead, he gripped tighter and pressed another kiss, one that lasted even longer than the previous. "Don't resist me, my dear. I don't like it when people struggle." His eyes closed, mouth still resting on (Y/N)'s delicate hand as he spoke. 

As the time passed, Joseph simply pressed more small kisses to (Y/N)'s hand. Every minute or so, a new feeling of his lips would make itself known on her (S/C) skin. She no longer made an effort to pull away though. The fear of the consequences was too great. She didn't know how should would get out of this situation. It was horrifying. What kind of hunter was this? What kind of game was this? ...What was this?

(Y/N) felt like she was about to pass out. The scary hunter toying with her distracted her from her surroundings. Neither of them had even realized that all ciphers had been completed and the other survivors were long gone. 

They were too blinded by their little interaction to notice the game was basically over. It wasn't until a robotic voice announced, "Dungeon location will be refreshed in 30 seconds" that Joseph realized what had happened. 

"Oh, it seems your teammates have left you already," He looked up to the girl's eyes. She quickly turned away, still avoiding his face. At this, Joseph stood and placed his sword under (Y/N)'s chin. "What a shame. I at least wanted a tie. Oh well..." The photographer tilted her head up slightly and leaned in closer. Her tear stained cheeks and red nose only made Joseph's smile grow. 

"That means it's just you and me~"