Yellow Roses (Aesop x Reader) Part 3

As requested by many <3

Word Count: Not sure, wattpad won't tell me

Type: idk man 

__________________________________

It's been months since that day. The pain of it all had very slowly started to diminish. Though it was only a little at a time, it was still progress. She was getting better. It started with (Y/N) not crying every night. It took some weeks for this phase to be over, but she still overcame it. Seeing Aesop and Emma lovingly show affection to one another around the manor struck her hard. But, there was nothing she could do about it. She eventually got used to it, even if it took a long while. Though there was still a dull pain in her heart, she ignored it in favor of putting on a happy face for the two.

Nothing became awkward between the trio, thankfully. Aesop still delivered yellow roses. He may have been less frequent with his gifts, but he still made an effort to bring the golden flowers every so often. Emma remained a close friend to (Y/N), her personality not having changed since her relationship with the Embalmer. (Y/N) acted as she always would, trying her best to conceal her feelings until they subsided. In some cases, it was difficult. However, she managed to show support no matter how she felt. 

Her efforts looked to have payed off. Now she felt as if she was finally over her feelings for Aesop. It no longer hurt to see the two show their love for each other. It no longer hurt to have the embalmer give his heart to another girl. 

It no longer hurt to know that all she'd ever receive were yellow roses.

Right now, (Y/N) was standing outside Aesop's door, ready to ask a question. Her heart thumped a bit faster as she raised her hand to the wooden frame. Three knocks and a pause. It didn't take but a few seconds for the door to open. Aesop stood in his usual attire, the only thing missing being his mask. 

"Oh, (Y/N)," Aesop spoke quietly. "Is there something I could help you with?" His eyes trailed her form, taking note of her shy body language. 

"Ah, yes," (Y/N) looked down, wringing her hands together. "I wanted to ask you for a favor." Aesop looked her over and nodded slowly. It was obvious the girl was being bashful for a reason. He knew she probably wasn't the most comfortable talking about it in the hallway, so he invited her into his room.

"Would you like to explain in here?" He moved aside and gestured to his room. (Y/N) silently nodded and stepped inside. After she had made her way through the door, it was softly shut behind her. 

Before anyone spoke, (Y/N) took some time to examine the room. It was pristine. Pure white bedsheets, a vanity with an assortment of particularly arranged flowers and makeup, and a bedside table that housed a framed photo of Aesop and Emma. (Y/N) didn't focus too long on it. The room was very clean with nothing out of place. 

"So, what did you need help with?" Aesop spoke as he turned to the girl.

"Well," She began, taking a breath in. "I was hoping you could help me with my makeup tonight?" A hesitant smile made its way on her face, almost as if she were embarrassed to ask the question. Once again, she looked away in order to avoid eye contact.