Chapter 7

James was about to go to the great hall when the headmaster called him. James sighed, what does he want now? He thought to himself and turned with a small smile. Dumbledore placed a hand on his shoulder and took him to his office while James followed him reluctantly.

"I know you want to go to Hogsmeade, Mr Potter but I have some work for you as head boy." They entered the office and James saw Jessica sitting there crying. He immediately went towards her. Jessica saw James and hugged him and cried into his chest.

"Headmaster, what happened? Why is she crying? Her dorm mates? Did they do something again?" James asked trying to calm her down.

"I'm afraid, you are right, Mr Potter. They burnt all her things. Horace found her crying in an empty room in the dungeons and brought her here. She needs new things and I want you to take her to Diagon Alley to get her new things." James nodded at him.

"Are they punished? Last time when they stole her chain, I gave them a week detention as they are still first years but this is too much." James exclaimed.

"As you said, Mr Potter, they are still first years. I gave them two weeks detention with Horace. I warned them not to repeat such type of behaviour. Also, Miss Evans likes to come with you as Miss Cox might need a female companion." James grimaced but he didn't have any choice and nodded his head.

James waited for Evans to come and she was smiling so big when she entered and came to his side instantly. James went with Jessica through the floo and Lily followed him after a few seconds, she stumbled and hoped he will catch her but he just dusted his robes and Jessica's. Lily sneered at her but changed her expression to a smile as soon as James looked at her.

"What do you want to get first, darling?" James knelt beside her and adjusted her clothes. He wiped her face with a handkerchief and she gave him a small smile.

"Book store?" She said more like asked. He nodded and stood up. Jessica held his hand and they walked towards the entrance of Diagon Alley giving a small smile to Tom. Lily huffed but followed them. How dare they ignore her and go like that?

"Jamie, I don't have money." Jessica said as they entered the Alley. James frowned, he didn't think about that. No worry, he will pay for her.

"Headmaster gave this 100 galleons from Hogwarts funds to buy her things." Lily said showing them the bag. Jessica nodded but James still frowned. 100 galleons are huge amount but she needs a new wardrobe and they are not enough. They went to the bookstore and started searching for books. Jessica didn't leave his hand even for a moment.

"Which is favourite subject, Jessie?" James asked her while searching.

"Transfiguration." She said excitedly. "I like changing one thing into another. It's so fun."

"Really? I like Transfiguration too. My favourite subject." James bought some other books which might help her as she is a muggleborn. Lily frowned when she saw them.

"Why are you buying these? They are not in the list. You should not buy extra. We have only 100 galleons and we need to buy everything with that." Lily tried to take away those books.

"These books are my purchase, I'm going to pay for it. So, don't worry about money." James said to her and asked the man sitting at the counter to make seperate bills. He pressed his heir ring on to the bill and the money would be transferred to the shop's account. The shopkeeper smiled and they left with shrunken bags.

"Why are you buying books for that Snake?" Lily asked angrily as they exited the bookstore. James just rolled his eyes and they went to the apothecary next to buy cauldrons and other things needed for potions. Lily was grumbling about James wasting his money on a dirty snake.