Chapter 28

"Where are you going?" Rabastan asked when he caught Sirius going into the Room of Requirements. 

"What are you doing here?" Sirius asked surprised. "I thought you were with Regulus and Remus."

"Where are you going?" Rabastan asked crossing his arms over his chest. "Why are you sneaking out? What are you trying to hide from us?"

"I was not sneaking out." Sirius defended himself and Rabastan narrowed his eyes at him. "I wanted some time to think. Alone. I didn't even know James was this close with Severus to go so far alone and he didn't even tell me about it before he left. I can't digest the fact that James hid it from me." 

"Is that what's bothering you?" Rabastan's eyes softened immediately as he held Sirius' hand gently. 

Sirius felt that the guilt is going to eat him up alive if he looked into Rabastan's eyes any longer. He quickly looked away from Rabastan and focused on the painting over his shoulder as he can't even talk without lying even more. How is he going to manage till James gets fine? Why can't Severus and Lord Slytherin make the potion faster? He can't lie to these people like this and it's only been a few hours that he came to Hogwarts. 

"Sirius-" "Basti, please. I know we just got together and it's not nice of me to ignore you like this, but I need some time. I'm really sorry for doing this to you and I will try to make it up to you when I've sorted everything in mind clearly. Just let me be alone for a while. I really can't think anything properly and I just want some time. Sorry." Sirius rushed out and he saw the hurt in Rabastan's eyes. But he still smiled and hugged him. 

"I understand." Rabastan said and Sirius didn't know what to think about it. He just hugged Rabastan tightly and kissed his head multiple times. 

"I'm really sorry for being a jerk. You don't deserve someone like me and I completely understand if you don't want to be with me and decide to leave me." Sirius said and Rabastan hit him upside the head. 

"What nonsense are you saying?" Rabastan rolled his eyes and Sirius smiled sheepishly. "Fine, I'll go now. Just come back soon, alright?"

"I'll be back soon." Sirius smiled at him and pulled him into a long kiss and Rabastan looked at him wide-eyed when he pulled away. 

"If I get such kisses every time you go, I would wish you go all the time." Rabastan joked and Sirius rolled his eyes pulling him into an even longer, deeper and passionate kiss.

"I'll see you soon." Sirius whispered before going into the room leaving Rabastan alone to his thoughts. 

"I wish you can share what's bothering you, Sirius. I want to help you, but I can't help you if you don't want my help and leave like this without talking." Rabastan said sadly. He sighed sadly before going to Remus and Regulus who were in the library. 

-

"What happened? Did Sirius say something to you?" Remus asked when Regulus went to get some book for his essay.

"Nothing." Rabastan said looking at the book on front of him. "I'm just studying."

"Right." Remus rolled his eyes and turned the book in front of Rabastan so that it is right. Rabastan sighed realising he was reading it upside down all this time and Remus caught him.

"Sirius is hiding something. Well, I don't doubt him. He is not happy, I mean he is feeling bad that James left like that without telling him and it's not, you know what I want to say, don't you?" Rabastan didn't know how to say it. "He just wanted to be alone so that he can try to digest the fact."

"Do you believe that?" Remus asked and Rabastan shook his head.

"Something else is bothering him. As I said, he is hiding something from us. I can't force him to tell as he must have a reason to hide it from us, but he looks sad and worried about what's happening." Rabastan explained.