Chapter 24

"What?" Rodolphus looked at Marvolo confused. "He is not at Hogwarts?"

"No, he left the school this afternoon on some important business according Heir Black." Marvolo said the half-truth. "He didn't even tell him where he is going. Severus said that when he came here to talk about a potion we were discussing before."

"He was in pain this morning, right? He isn't feeling well according to Pomfrey's patronus." Lucius said frowning. "Are you sure that he left?"

"Yes, he was in pain but he was fine after that and left the hospital wing with Severus and Heir Black." Marvolo again said the half-truth. "He left after that when Severus was here with me."

"No, there's something else going on. Sirius and Severus were here when they had classes going on. They were talking about James and then something else about a woman or something. You are hiding something from us. What is it?" Rodolphus didn't let the matter go and asked him worried. 

"Please tell us." Lucius begged for the first time in his life and he doesn't care if he had to beg on his knees if needed for his James. Their James. 

"Lucius, Rodolphus." Marvolo sighed. "James doesn't want anyone to know about it. He left because he doesn't want you to know at all. He said it himself that he don't want you to meet him now."

"How does he know that we are going to meet him?" Rodolphus asked. 

"He doesn't know it. He just said he doesn't want to meet you people now and would come and meet you as soon as he is able to meet you." Marvolo said and Lucius furrowed his brow. 

"There's something wrong in your explanation. You sound as if he is running away from us for some reason." Lucius said to him. 

"He is not running away. He is just not available for a few days or weeks." Marvolo said and Rodolphus clenched his fists in anger.

"Lord Slytherin, we respect you a lot. We supported you whole heartedly when you wanted our support. We respect you and trust you a lot." Rodolphus said to him. "We just want to see our Raven. Please tell us where he is."

"We know that you know his whereabouts and if we are not wrong. He might be with you at the moment." Lucius said and Rodolphus nodded his head. "Can we please meet him?"

"We won't tell him that we are L and R. We won't talk to him either. We just want to see how he is." Rodolphus added. 

"Fine." Marvolo agreed not able to say no to these two people. "But before you go to see him. You have to know something. He asked Severus and Heir Black to not disclose this to anyone but I'm telling you."

"what is it?" Lucius asked him.

"He is poisoned by Lily Evans." Marvolo said and their bodies froze before anger took control of them. Marvolo raised a hand to stop them. "You can get revenge on her in any way you want but not now. James is our first priority, don't you think?"

"Yes." They both said at the same time and Marvolo nodded. 

"We need to prepare the antidote but Evans messed up while making the poison as it is a dark potion, she doesn't know that it shouldn't be exposed to sunlight at all. But she kept the potion and brewed it in an open room near the window. The ingredients react violently with each other and there is 50-50 chances that the antidote will work." Marvolo said and their faces paled at that. 

"What are you saying?" Rodolphus said to him. "How can we save him now?"

"Severus is going to prepare antidotes with every possible combination. But-" Marvolo stopped when he heard a crash from upstairs. He frowned before realizing and rushing upstairs with the other two following him closely. "James!" Marvolo exclaimed and helped him up from the floor and on to the bed.