Vol 1, Chapter 2.3- First Interactions

My attention was taken away by the blonde boy who was the centre of attention moments ago, who suddenly stood up and spoke in a clear voice, grabbing everyone's attention.

"Everyone, can you please listen to me for a moment?"

Everyone except Koenji stopped what they were doing and paid attention to what he spoke.

"Starting today, we're all going to be classmates. Therefore, I think it'd be good for us to introduce ourselves and become friends as soon as possible.
We still have some time until the entrance ceremony. What do you say?"

"Agreed! After all, we still don't know a thing about each other, not
even our names," Someone shouted.

"Yeah! I'm in."

"Me too~."

Most of the students happily agreed to his proposal.

"My name's Hirata Yousuke. Back in junior high, lots of people called me Yousuke. Feel free to use my first name! I guess my hobby is sports in general, but I especially like soccer. I'm planning on playing soccer here, too. Nice to meet you."

This was all I needed to get a read on him and just as I expect he is a typical honours student with a very friendly personality who would probably end up popular throughout the school, especially among girls.

I could already see girls looking at him with hearts in their eyes.

"Let's start with you," Hirata called out to a girl seated in front of him.

Although the girl at the head of the class looked a little bewildered, she quickly made up her mind and stood. Or rather, she'd been pressured, in
response to Hirata's words.

"M-my name is... Inogashira Ko-Ko..."

The girl, last name Inogashira, seemed to freeze during her introduction. Was she drawing a blank, or had she not considered what she was going to say beforehand? As her words halted, she paled.

I internally sighed knowing nothing interesting is going to happen.

I closed my eyes and repeatedly revised the information given to us searching for more clues while I also paid attention to the comical introductions and names of my classmates with whom I was supposed to spend 3 years of my life.

While Kushida introduced herself I could feel a change in the atmosphere similar to when Hirata had introduced himself.

My thoughts were interrupted sudden loud noise.

*Bam*

I opened my eyes to glance in the direction of the sound.

"What, are we a bunch of little kids or something? I don't need to introduce myself. People who want to do that can go ahead. Just leave me out of it."
A delinquent looking boy with his hair dyed red roared after his fist hit the desk.

Geez... You called everyone else little kids while throwing a tantrum.

The atmosphere became heavy.
Most students were hesitating to speak up seeing the fiery attitude and intimidating looks of the red-haired guy.

"I can't force you to introduce yourself, of course. However, I don't think that getting along with your classmates is a bad thing. If I've made you
uncomfortable, I apologize."
When Hirata bowed his head, some of the girls glared at the guy with
red hair.

"Isn't it fine to introduce yourself?" one of them snapped.

"Yeah, yeah!" Almost all of the girls sided with Hirata.