IV: The Church

The moment she made it to the church safely, Mari wondered what she should do there when Ginger suddenly got in through wooden boards barricading the front gate. "Ginger!", she said and used her hands to pull the boards down, causing her to fall. This caught the attention of two young people eating together in the dining hall. "Ingrid, what was that noise?", the man asked his wife. "It sounds like someone else is here, Glenn.", she replied. Before long, Mari came across a family picture in the ballroom. "If I'm the young girl in that dress, that means I know who I want to find.", she said before she heard meowing. "There you are, Ginger!", she said and picked Ginger up. She heard footsteps and turned to see Ingrid and Glenn standing at the top of the stairs. "Ingrid, we must return to the kingdom.", he told her. "I know, Glenn.", she replied before they turned around and walked away. Once they were gone, she walked out of the ballroom. "I don't think that will be the last time I even see them.", Mari said as she walked out of the church with Ginger perched on her shoulder again. "It's going to be a week before we make it to Fhirdiad.", she said before she started walking.