VIII: The Kingdom Capital

After a long week of traveling on foot, Mari finally made it to Fhirdiad. "Finally! We made it, Ginger!", she said to Ginger, who meowed on her shoulder. "I reckon it's going to take a day to get to Enbarr, so my journey isn't over just yet.", she said and walked to the nearest marketplace. When she came across a jewelry store, the store's owner gave her a music box. "Where was that music box found?", Mari asked. "Soldiers emptying the church after that tragic massacre found the music box in one of the rooms and took right it to me twelve years ago. I believed it belonged to someone else, so I held onto it. I've had it ever since.", Nila said. She suddenly bowed to someone behind her and Mari then turned around to see a man. "Hello, Your Majesty.", Nila said to him rather politely. "Give this young woman a chance to explore, Nila.", he said and guided Mari away from the jewelry store. He led her to where Dimitri was speaking with a clothing store's owner. He turned and saw his father with her. "Father!", he greeted. After a while, they led her to their castle home, where they took her to the garden and sat down at a table in a tea house. Ginger crawled down from Mari's shoulder and made her way over to Dimitri's lap, in which she curled up and fell asleep. "Ginger!", Mari said before she walked over and picked up her sleeping kitten. "I'm sorry about her. She's only a kitten.", she said to him. "Don't worry about it.", Dimitri replied and his father turned to her. "Could you please tell us your name?", Lambert asked her. "Please just call me Mari.", she replied.