Chapter 6: Y/N and Diana

[Y/N POV]

I was wide awake again. I had glanced over at the clock and it said 1:30 AM. That was around twenty minutes ago? Thirty? Five?

I have no idea...

Y/N: Where has this come from all of a sudden? I'm becoming an insomniac.

There was the occasional sound of one of the girls shuffling in their sleep and a few light snores from either Hannah or Barbara. Maybe both. I don't know.

I was just getting so frustrated that I couldn't get to sleep. This just seemed so weird because I slept perfectly well the night I got here. Perhaps it was just down to that fact that I slept the whole day yesterday.

That means I now have a messed up sleep schedule!

Y/N: God damn it...

I sat up and looked around the darkened room. There was still a light on in the corner where Diana was.

Y/N: Is she still awake too? Guess I could go and talk to her.

I get out of my bed and walk over trying not to fall on the ground. When I get over to her, she was sat at her desk reading some sort of history book.

Y/N: C-can you not sleep either Diana?

She jumped slightly but relaxed when she saw me.

Diana: I was just about to. I was just doing some research. Are you having trouble sleeping again?

Y/N: Y-yeah. I-I'm not sure what's gotten into me.

Diana: I can't say I know what you're going through but I will be here to give you any assistance you may require.

Y/N: Thanks Diana. What were you researching?

Diana: Oh just...right I won't lie to you. You don't need to be told anymore lies...

Lies? What would she lie to me about?

Diana: It's to do with you. More precisely, your family. Where you come from. Do you know where you come from?

Y/N: I-I mean yeah of course I do. I was born down here in England but I think we moved up to Scotland somewhere. I was really little.

Diana: And you've told everyone you've met that you're from England?

Y/N: Y-yeah? Why, is that a problem? What would you know about my family that I don't?

I was getting slightly annoyed. What would Diana know about my family? And why would SHE know it and not me?!

Diana: Please don't get annoyed or upset Y/N. I'm on your side! You just have to trust me.

Y/N: I-I...

I took a moment to compose myself and calm down.

Y/N: S-sorry.

Diana: Apology accepted. But you know you didn't have to apologise to me. Your emotions are all over the place at the moment.

Y/N: N-no I-I was getting angry unnecessarily. You're the only person who was really attempted to help me. Thank you.

Diana: You are very welcome. I sent off for additional information from home and it should be here within the next few days. For now, we just have to get on as normal. Please do try to get some sleep, I'm not sure if I would be able to bail you out again.

She switches the light off and stands up.

Diana: Goodnight Y/N.

Y/N: Goodnight Diana.