Chapter 10: Double the Love

[Y/N POV]

Y/N: So how much of my life has been a lie then?

Diana: I'm afraid everything has been a lie to you. I'm...sorry I have also been lied to. They never told me I had a baby brother.

She laughed slightly and then looked over at me.

Diana: I could see that shine in your eyes. I don't know why I didn't see it before.

She laughed again and wiped her eyes.

Diana: You're so beautiful! I-I know I've said it a lot, but I'm just so happy that I've finally found the truth.

She looked like she was about to burst into tears as she stood up and stretched her arms out at me.

Diana: Come here!

I stand up and pull her into a hug and let her cry.

Y/N: I'm here Di. I'm here.

I let her cry for a good few minutes until she calmed down and looked up at me.

Diana: Hehe. Sorry. I hardly lose my composure like that. This is just too much!

Y/N: Take it slow sis. We have plenty of time...

Diana: I know we do, but I understand how eager you will be to find out everything.

Y/N: Well whenever you're ready! There's no need to let go of me is there?

Diana: Not at all. My baby brother...

She took a deep breath and took out a photo.

Diana: This is your adoptive family right?

Y/N: Yeah. That's them.

Diana: They were good friends with my aunt Daryl. This was when she invited them round just before you went to Japan. When they betrayed you...

She ripped up the photo and scattered them all across the floor.

Diana: But they don't matter anymore. Because you're back with your proper family. And you had a family in Japan that took great care of you.

Y/N: They did. I had a much better life than I ever imagined I would have with the others. They didn't love me.

Diana: Yes...it's why Mummy always was reluctant to let you go.

Y/N: Our Mum? Why did she give me away?

Diana: *sigh* she was forced to because by then she was a lone parent. Daddy was very sick and died before I really got old enough to remember him. Raising two children to be magical prodigies is a lot of work for one to do alone apparently. She never thought that.

Y/N: She sounds like a strong woman!

Diana: She was....

Y/N: W-was?

Diana: Sh-she was yes. I-I'm s-sorry b-but she passed away a few years ago. She got very ill and so so weak. Sh-she would've loved to see you all grown up.

She placed her hand on my cheek and gently stroked it.

Diana: Sh-she w-would have been so proud of you!

The two of us burst into tears and held onto each other tightly.

For the first time in my whole life I truly was home!

~

[Akko POV]

Diana: Thank you Akko.

Hang on. Diana literally just turned up and she was now thanking me?!