Chapter 9: Sharing

[Barbara POV]

I was the happiest I had been in such a long time! Of course we were gonna win the race, but to have someone I love with all of my heart next to me while celebrating it just made things ten times better!

Y/N: You did well. And after watching it, marginally deserved to win!

Barbara: Marginally? We obviously deserved to win!

I knew what Y/N was going on about. There was a part of him that really wanted Akko to win that race.

I could understand. They had a close bond and of course he would want her to do well! Although I might not really like Akko too much, I didn't want to be that sort of girlfriend that would rip him away from those he considered family!

Barbara: I know you were cheering on Akko, and I respect that! But you have to accept that I'm gonna be a little arrogant! I had faith in Diana!

He smiled at me and pulled me into a hug.

Y/N: Of course! I'd have confidence in her as well! And I'd have confidence in yourself! The three of you excel at what you do. I'm honoured that I am here with you.

Barbara: And I'm honoured that we were chosen to keep an eye on you.

I placed my hand on his cheek and leaned in and gently kissed him on his lips. I was going to leave it there, but he placed his hand on my cheek and kissed me back.

I felt on top of the world as the two of us wrapped ourselves around each other and continued to kiss.

When he pulled away, I buried my head in his chest. He put his hand in my hair and gently began to stroke it.

Y/N: Your hair is so beautiful Barbs! You take real good care of it!

Barbara: I try my best. But thank you!

I let myself melt away in his warm embrace and I shut my eyes.

Barbara: I love you Y/N. Keep holding onto me please.

Y/N: I love you too Barbara. Just tell me when to let you go. I don't want to feel like I'm keeping you here.

Barbara: Where else would I want to be other than here with you right now?

I nuzzled my way further into him just to get my point across.

Y/N: You could go and celebrate with your friends you know. Don't feel like you are leaving me all by myself.

Barbara: Oh hush! Just let me enjoy this moment with you!

Y/N: Y-yeah. S-sorry Barbara. I-I'll shut up now.

I smirk and relax myself.

I could get away with falling asleep in his arms for a little while.

~

[Y/N POV]

Hannah: Y/N~. Wake up~.

My eyes opened and there was Hannah staring right at me.

Y/N: O-oh hi. Did I fall asleep?

Hannah: It seems like it. The two of you are really snug there~.

I look down to see that Barbara was still fast asleep in my arms.

Hannah: You two are really cute together. Thank you for treating her in the right way!

Y/N: You know she might have been a bit shy at the beginning, but she really is a sweet girl! Both of you are! Thank you for making me feel at home!