Chapter Eight > Pocket Knife

After the two kids had blacked out, they carried them downstairs and tied them up to chairs in the middle of the living room.

After a while they started to slowly start waking up, their eyes blinking a few times to adjust to the light shining on them.

When Cassie and Cole woke up a bit the first thing they saw was Bee standing in front of them, before looking around and seeing Bee's friends standing around her.

All of them watching the kids with sharp eyes from where they were located around the room.

"Why is he shirtless?", Cole asked after a few seconds, staring at Max...well more so at his abs.

Cassie scrunched her eyebrows together and looked over and saw Max who was standing next to Lottie, who was indeed shirtless holding a fire poker around his shoulders.

"That's your first question?", John asked him what Cassie was thinking.

"How can you even ask that? Just look at him", Alison spoke, turning to look at Max's abs.

Lottie gave her a glare and moved in front of Max, not really doing much to cover him as he was a giant compared to her, but it was better then nothing.

"I still don't get it", Cole said, and Cassie would have slapped her forehead if her hands weren't tied behind her back.

Cassie just sat there not saying anything, while Cole tried to get up but couldn't as he was tied down.

"Give them a cookie", Bee spoke up for the first time since they woke up.

"No, thanks", Cole said, as Sonya started to walk forward.

Cassie didn't say much in protest as it wouldn't do her any good to, and that cookie didn't look half bad.

"Eat the cookie", Sonya told him, holding the cookie in hand.

Lottie looking at it with hunger in her eyes, having not eaten in ages as they hadn't had time to stop anywhere before coming here.

"I just don't really like cookies, okay? Bee knows that", Cole stuttered.

"You'll feel better if you eat. You fainted. Both of you", Bee said, also remembering Cassie who was sat silently on her chair.

"No, I didn't", Cole denied.

"Yes, you did", Bee told him again, moving a bit back before sitting on a chair in front of both of them. "I know this. Because after I took your blood, I waited in the room because something felt off. I crouched behind the door. A few seconds later, you both got up, you tied a sheet to your bed, threw the sheet out the window."

Cassie's eyes widened a bit, how did they not notice Bee just crouched down in the room? Why didn't they wait to make sure she had gone downstairs?

"And then you fainted, then Cassie fainted. So, you know. Your blood sugars are low. Eat the cookie", Bee finished.

Cole and Bee seemed to have a stare off for a few seconds and Cassie just continued to sit there confused on what exactly was going on.

"Are you mad at me?", Cole then asked Bee, Cassie holding in a scoff, that Cole was actually worried if a murderer was mad at him, like not even two hours ago they watched her kill someone.

"Cook-ie", was all Bee said.

"This is gonna be so good", Sonya said creepily, crouching in front of Cole and Cassie, stroking their cheeks, before trying to shove the cookie in their mouths.

Lottie was tempted to ask Sonya for one as she knew there was more cookies, but she was on the job and had to keep her composure.

"Oh, there you go", Sonya said, as she got a bit of cookie into their mouths. "There you go."