Chapter Eleven > EggShells

Cole and Cassie were running out of the shed to the side of his house, knowing that Max and Lottie were far away as they were still yelling their names.

Cole stopped at the side of his house and took out the drill, Cassie looked around him and grimaced as she saw the crawl space.

"What are you doing?", she asked him, hoping for a different answer then what she thought.

"We're going under here to hide", Cole said in a 'duh' tone.

"How about I stay back in the shed", Cassie said to him with wide eyes.

"Why?", Cole asked.

"We should split up, it will be harder to find us", Cassie said like she knew this.

"But, the people always die when they split up in the horror movies", Cole told her.

"Well, this ain't one, so see ya", Cassie told him, not letting Cole have time to speak before running back to the shed.

When she got there she looked out the window to see Cole undrilling the things keeping the little gate on the wall, before crawling into the crawl space full of spiders.

Cassie let out a relieved sigh, ready to spend the rest of the night in the shed with sacrifice Samuel.

That was until Cassie heard footsteps and peaked out the window again, to see Sonya walk past the crawl space a few time before bending down, taking her shoes off and getting into it.

It was a few minutes as Cassie held her breath hoping Sonya didn't get to Cole and kill him as she had been in there a while.

It was then she heard a distant sound of sparks coming from the hole and the what seemed to be Sonya yelling.

Cassie was scared she had found Cole, but the she saw him quickly crawl out of the hole and put the gate back onto the wall as Sonya continued to yell at him.

Sonya must have got to the end of the crawlspace as Cassie saw her try stab Cole through the little fence but Cole moved away.

It all happened so fast as Cole spayed the bug spray in her eyes, and the firework Cole lit went off exploding Sonya who was stuck in there and sending Cole flying back.

Cassie was about to run out to Cole as he seemed pretty winded after being thrown back, but just as she had left the shed, clapping rang out and she stopped.

_________________________
•|~*~|~*~|~*~|~*~|~*~|•

Max and Lottie were walking back up to the front of the house, when they heard a big explosion noise and saw fire, Sonya's screams joining the air.

They just gave each other a look and approached the scene of Cole breathing heavily on the ground, but Lottie noted how Cassie was missing.

Cole stood up quickly as they made their presence known by clapping as they walked up to him.

"Did you just blow up Sonya?", Max asked, when both of them stopped clapping.

"No", Cole answered, after hesitating for a second.

"I mean we're not even mad, we're a little surprised", Max told him truthfully.

"I mean...yeah", Lottie agreed with what he said, but then looking to the crawlspace sadly. "Her cookies were good though."

"What did that?", Max asked him, looking away from the food distraught Lottie.

"A firework", Cole hesitated again, confused as these people were trying to kill him not long ago.