01

All the Malhotra Men along with Lata Malhotra are seated at the dining table enjoying their dinner. Both the Daughter In Laws of the house are standing beside their husbands waiting to serve whatever they needed. There were servants in their house but they weren't allowed to be there while the family ate.

It was an unsaid rule amongst them to not talk while on the dining table. Raj gestured Janhavi to pass him Dal which she did obediently. Harsh got up as he was done having his food. Others followed him within a few minutes.

The eldest Malhotra couple & their two son's settled in the living room. While Cabir & Dhruv moved towards their room.

Janhavi called out for the servants to clear the table so that they could have their dinner.

Just at that time, two people came down the stairs & settled on the dining table. Lata Malhotra glanced disapprovingly at her eldest Grandson. He had been a rebel since a very small age. As he had started growing up he had toned down his arrogance & had started showing his disagreement with their family traditions in his own subtle ways. But nothing had changed apart from his ways of dealing with things.

Earlier he used to force his Mother to sit with them for meals. When he had been unsuccessful in his attempts, he had started having his food with the ladies of the house. And about the girl, since he was 16, he had not let anyone raise even a finger at his sister in his presence.

Janhavi & Ankita were still standing when Manik raised his eyebrow at his Mom & gestured her to sit. All of them had hands to serve for themselves. He didn't know when will his family understand this.

Both of them sat down & plated for themselves while the siblings started serving for themselves too.

As they got busy having their food Manik nudged Mukti.

"Muku sunn na..."

"Haan Bhai?"

She asked while putting a morsel of rice in her mouth.

"Racing chalein aaj?"

Her eyes twinkled at the mention of racing but then they immediately turned sad realising what he was asking.

"Bhai you taught me bike riding without their knowledge because hum subah jogging ke naam par jaate the. They won't allow me to go out at night.", She told him with a pout.

"Leave all that on me. Kisiko pata bhi nahi chalega. Tu bas haan bol."

"Are you sure?", She asked him unsurely.

"Bhai par doubt karegi ab chudail? Kisiko pata bhi chal gaya toh I'll handle.", He ruffled her hair making her giggle.

"Manik-Mukti, no talking while having food. Kitni baar bola hai tum dono ko.", Janhavi scolded them lightly.

"Maa... Maine bhi aapse kitni baar puccha hai. Yeh stone age wale traditions kaunsa sane insaan follow karta hai? As it is.. meal time is family time.", He intentionally spoke a little loudly making the people in the living room to glare at him.

Mukti suppressed her giggles with a fake cough making Manik wink at her.

They finished their dinner & everyone moved towards their rooms to sleep.

At around 12:05 in the night, Manik came towards Mukti's room & knocked lightly.

Mukti slowly opened her door & stood in front of him wearing black jeans, grey crop top & a black jacket over it. A completely different version of Mukti who usually wears long tops paired with jeans or leggings.