03

"Hello... Who is this.", Nandini mumbled stifling her yawn. Her eyes were still closed as she was sprawled on the bed.

"What is this Ms Kapoor? You are still sleeping. What about the meeting we had scheduled this morning? We are waiting for you since so long."

Manik bit onto his lip as he spoke in a slightly heavy voice.

"I'm... I'm sorry. I mean I don't remem... Actually I'm sorry for keeping you guys waiting.", This early in the morning she could even forget her own identity.

He heard some shuffling & then he could clearly hear her deep breaths. Clearing her throat she tried to sound as normal as she could be at 6 in the morning?

Wait what?

She looked at the wall clock while squinting her eyes.

"Excuse me gentleman, may I know who am I speaking to?"

"You hurt me Ms Murthy. Already forgot your friend?", Manik asked as he stopped the treadmill & got down from it.

Picking the phone, he put off the speaker & put the phone to his ear.

"Huh?"

"What huh? You already forgot your newly made friend?"

Nandini removed the phone from her ear & held it in front of her eyes.

"Manik?", She whispered & held the phone back to her ear.

"Finally. I thought you won't recognise me."

"Why would you call me at 6 in the morning & speak about some non existent meeting?", She frowned.

"It was fun... Getting you all worked up.", He chuckled slightly making her frown deepen.

"Now if you are done having fun at my expense. Then I'll hang up Mr. Malhotra."

"No wait...", Manik almost screamed.

"What?"

"Actually I had called you for a reason.", He said & sat down on the yoga mat placed in the gym room.

"Hmm..", She leaned against the headboard & closed her eyes.

"Me & my sister are going for a small road trip this weekend. Would you like to join us?", He asked with his fingers crossed & his eyes tightly shut.

"I....", She didn't know what to say.

She couldn't get herself to say no to him.

"It's okay if you don't want to. I was just..", He trailed off with a sad smile.

He already knew how impulsive his decision was to ask her to come along. But he couldn't help it.

He just wanted to spend some time with her.

He pouted at his own thoughts.

"I'll come.", She said in a hardly audible tone.

"You sure?", He asked with widened eyes.

"Hmm", A boyish grin broke out on his face as he bit his lip.

"I'll send you the details later. Now you can go back to sleep.", He laughed slightly & hung up before she could say anything.

Lying down on the mat... He looked at the ceiling & smiled like crazy at the thought of spending the weekend with her.

"Pagal...", She shook her head & got up from the bed with a bright smile plastered on her face.