05

"Don't worry I have already deleted the picture from my phone. You can breathe.", She actually breathed in deep reading the recent message.

She looked at the picture carefully. Manik's face was a little clear while her face was hidden. If the picture wasn't blurred due to the distance then it was worth being framed, she thought while rubbing her nose. It was still paining because of the great mobile fall.

She blushed looking at the picture and tapped at her own forehead thinking about her silly thoughts.

Taking the duvet she covered herself entirely and closed her eyes while hugging her side pillow. The tremors of happiness she felt in her entire body didn't seem to stop. She didn't know if she would even get a wink of sleep tonight. All those moments spent with him were coming in front of her eyes making her blush more and more. Was she going crazy? She thought while biting her nail.

On the other side, Manik was asleep in his mother's lap with a small smile on his lips. He wanted to share everything with her, but he knew she wouldn't understand. Love marriage was a taboo in their family. Like for them it was the elder's right to search for a life partner for the children.

And he knew even his traditional mother believed in the theory.

*******************************

A few days later, Manik woke up from his deep slumber due to a loud bang at his door.

He hurriedly got up and opened the door only to stumble backwards with the sudden weight on himself.

"Bhai Bhai Bhai Bhai Bhai.", Mukti exclaimed loudly.

"Muku yaar... So raha tha na mai.", He whined making her frown.

"Bhai!!!!!!!! I got selected in my dream firm.", She cried out ignoring his cranky voice.

His eyes opened wide and a huge smile graced his lips. He hugged her at once letting her tears soak through his t-shirt.

"It's time to celebrate baby. Aise rote thodi hai?"

"Bhai I haven't told anybody yet.", She said a little apprehensively knowing their family would create a ruckus about her working outside.

"Leave that on me. Let me get ready first."

She nodded happily and left his room.

****************************

After the morning prayer elders were moving towards the dining room when Manik came downstairs shouting for their servant.

"Babu... Babu..."

"Ji Manik Baba..."

"Ghar mein jo bhi mithai hai sabke liye leke aao."

"Abhi laya Baba."

Everyone looked at the unfolding scene with curiosity. Mukti stood next to her mother biting her nails. Cabir and Dhruv came downstairs hearing the shouts.

"What's the occasion Manik?", His father asked with a frown over his forehead.

"My sister is selected for internship in her dream company.", Manik told him with a polite smile.

Janhavi clutched her saree in a tight fist. Why, why did he have to be so stubborn all the time, she thought.

She glared at Mukti making her lower her head.

"What part of, 'she won't go to work outside this house' don't you understand Manik?", Dushyant Malhotra asked sternly.

"And what part of 'none of you guys have a say in Mukti's matters' don't you understand?", Manik asked while air quoting.