04

Manik felt someone matching their steps with his as he was strolling on the beach. He didn't turn knowing who it was. Both of them kept walking side by side without uttering a word.

Their hands touched a few times but none seemed to care about it. Manik slowly enclosed his palm around hers and waited for her reaction. She bit onto her lower lip but didn't retreat. Instead she tightened her hold a little making him smile brightly.

"I'm still angry.", He grumbled making her smile at his childishness.

"What can I do to make it up?", She asked slowly while watching their footprints leaving their mark on the wet sand.

"I don't know. You have to think about it."

They kept walking for a few minutes in silence. She didn't like his silence even if she knew he was not seriously angry. Without thinking much about her actions, she turned towards him & tiptoeing a little planted a warm kiss on his jaw as she couldn't reach till his cheeks.

Realising what she had done, she immediately turned to the other side with her entire face flaming up.

His lips broke into a huge smile at her gesture. Not wanting to embarrass her he gave a slight tug at their still entwined hands and continued walking without making a big deal out of whatever had happened.

"I don't like it when people who matter to me ignore me like that.", He started off trying to lessen her awkwardness.

"Hmm."

Only hmm? He frowned.

He stopped walking with a tug at her hand. Lifting her chin, he made her face him and planted a quick kiss on her forehead making her close her eyes in bliss.

"Now we are even yeah? You can quit with the awkwardness."

"Shut up.", She chided and kept walking as her cheeks turned redder.

"Let's sit.", He proposed making her nod.

Moving a little away from the water, they sat on the dry sand.

"So... Why this sudden outing?"

"Sach bolun ya jhoot?"

"Whatever you want?"

"Let's keep the truth for some other time. Don't want to spoil this beautiful night.", He said and sat crossing his legs with his arms wrapped around them.

"Sing something.", She said resting her cheek on her knees.

"Huh?"

"I wanna hear you sing."

"Okay! But which song?"

"Anything."

He thought for a while and started humming a beautiful song.

Tujhko… main rakh loon wahaan
Jahaan pe kahin
Hai mera yaqeen

Main jo… tera naa huaa
Kisi ka nahin…
Kisi ka nahin..

Le jaayein jaane kahaan
Hawayein, hawayein…
Le jaayein tujhe kahaan
Hawayein, hawayein…

Begaani hai yeh baaghi
Hawayein, hawayein
Le jaaye mujhe kahan
Hawayein, hawayein

Le jaayein jaane kahaan, na mujhko khabar
Na tujhko pataa…

O…

Banaati hai jo tu…
Woh yaadein jaane sang mere kab tak chale
Inhi mein to meri…
Subah bhi dhalein
Shamein dhalein
Mausam dhalein