02

"Come in."

Manik heard a melodious voice from the other side of the door.

Mr. Kumar opened the door & went inside the cabin followed by Manik.

Nandini stood up from her chair & shook hands with him.

"Hello Mr. Malhotra please have a seat.", She pointed towards the opposite seat.

"Hello Ms. Kapoor.", He gave her a smile & took his seat.

Nandini gestured Mr. Kumar to get something for him. As Mr. Kumar left, Nandini turned towards Manik.

"So I have heard you want to rejoin the industry.", She spoke after a pause.

"Yup, but the condition still remains the same. My face or identity won't be revealed to the world."

"You know right, the way you had terminated your contract five years back. It was unprofessional of you. So why should our company trust you this time?", She asked looking at his face.

"Honestly Ms. Kapoor if I say something like that won't happen again then I would be lying. I can't assure you that. But my love for music doesn't let me back out from my dream. So it's upto you if you want to give me a chance or no."

"You are the heir of Malhotra Group. You can actually set up your own Music company. Then why did you decide to search for opportunities outside?"

"My relation with the Malhotra's & my Music career are kind of two completely different life's to me. I would never mix up both of them. And you can be rest assured, whatever might be your decision, it has got nothing to do with The Malhotra's. I'm just Manik for the Music World.", He ended with an assuring nod.

"I don't know why Mr. Malhotra, but my Dadi sees something in you. She had already given a go ahead for you when she knew it was you who was supposed to be coming for a meeting today."

"So does that mean....?", Manik trailed off with a twinkle in his eyes.

"Yup, Infinity officially welcomes you on board. Come on, let me introduce you to everyone.", She stood up from her place to move towards the door but he didn't move from his place.

"Ms. Kapoor one second please."

She turned around & stood near the table.

"When I said I want to remain anonymous I meant it. As less people as possible please. You can reveal only to the important Board members. I can't afford to have my identity leaked.", Manik told firmly making her frown slightly.

"Okay... Let me have a word with the Board. I will let you know in a day or two.", She smiled a professional smile.

Mr. Kumar knocked on the door & entered inside with the canteen boy. Placing the contents on the table he placed a glass of juice in front of Manik & one in front of Nandini. Both of them left the cabin after getting permission from her.

"Please feel free to order anything else you want too Mr. Malhotra.", She gestured him towards the juice & cutlets kept in the tray.

He smiled & picked the juice.

Not able to control his tongue anymore he blurted the thing he wanted to say since so long.

"You have changed a lot you know. When I had met you five years back, you were this naive, innocent girl who had escaped from her own party."

Nandini bit onto her lip & looked down for a moment.

"The girl you had met was a silly under confident girl who had just finished her studies. And the person you are sitting in front of is a very professional businesswoman.", She told him looking into his eyes.