16. The Battle on the Bridge ᵖᵃʳᵗ ¹

Tw: Swearing

~
~🌒🌑🌘~

~🌖🌕🌔~
~

"Well, I leave Naruto in your hands now. He has pushed his body past its limit."

Luna nodded in silent agreement with her sensei as her gaze met Tsunami's. The said boy had been training his jutsu more lately, so it wasn't surprising that he tired himself out. Tsunami softly smiled nodding at the two.

"We'll take good care of him."

Sasuke sighed, mumbling a 'Teme' under his breath as he turned walking down the dirt path leading to the bridge. Sakura watched, surprised by the boy's sudden movements before rushing to catch up to him.

Luna shook her head softly at the two, before gesturing to Tazuna to walk with her, Kakashi trailing behind the group.

~🌒🌑🌘~

"They're here."

Luna's voice broke out through the thick mist loud enough for her teammates to hear as she slipped Brisa out of its sheathe. Sakura, who was previously checking a worker's pulse, came back to her team standing protectively in front of Tazuna as she made eye contact with Luna.

"They're just unconscious. No serious injuries it seems." She reported, uneasiness taking over her voice.

Luna silently nodded observing her surroundings much like her sensei despite his bored expression. The duo could just barely make out the outline of both Zabuza and Haku's form in the mist.

Luna released a small breath fixing her stance as her heart sank knowing the possible outcome of this battle.

"Time to put that training to the test, huh?"

Luna jumped slightly as the Summoning's feminine voice rang through her head. She soon recollected herself replying to Coral.

'Yep, and please don't do that in the middle of battle.'

"Gotta keep you on your toes somehow."

Luna quickly broke out of the mind link as water clones of Zabuza appeared in front of them. She mentally cursed herself for not paying attention as her eyes raced around her. Before Luna could blink, all the clones had busted into nothing but a puddle.

Zabuza studied the Uchiha with observant eyes before smirking. If he was surprised he didn't show it.

"You could tell they were clones? Seems like you have a rival, Haku." The man mused. Haku hummed in agreement, his eyes studying them all behind his mask.

Luna could basically feel the danger leaking off the two. Much different compared to their first battle. It was life or death after all.

"Seems like my theory stands correct." Kakashi mused.

Both Luna and Sasuke made a noise of agreement, Sasuke keeping smug eye contact with Haku. Tazuna glared at the said boy, mumbling curses under his breath.

Sakura glared at Haku, pursing her lips slightly as Sasuke scoffed.

"That's it, I'm taking him out. Who does he think he is? Hiding behind a mask like some coward."

Luna shook her head as she heard Sakura's silent squeal. Sasuke glanced at the white-haired girl who nodded in understanding.

The boy then charged at Haku, Luna staying a small distance behind him as he met Haku halfway. Sasuke engaged in battle while Luna simply studied the opponent's fighting style, sometimes stepping in to help her teammate. She didn't help him as much as she wanted to, not wanting to hurt his ego.