22. Just Trust Me

Tw: Swearing

~
~🌒🌑🌘~

~~🌒🌑🌘~

~

Luna had her fair share of problems in both of her lives. Too many to count in her opinion. But her current problem, one that she couldn't believe was having, was her lack of sleep. Her body was full of unwanted energy as she sat on her back porch, her hands nursing a hot cup of tea as she stared at the natural satellite she was named after. Questions were all she had as she basked in the moonlight, blankly staring at it as her brain did as it pleased. Something she both loved and hated. Her summonings were away from her mind, doing whatever they did at night, leaving Luna to her thoughts. A dangerous circumstance indeed.

Her mind wandered to the mysterious person. As much as she wanted to brush it off and claim that the person wanted to provoke her, (And being the last living person of a powerful but secret clan, it was still very possible) Luna knew it was deeper than that. While their words were filled with anger and hatred, they also held hidden remorse and grief. The mysterious person intrigued her just as much as they scared her.

A dangerous realization indeed.

That lead her mind to her summonings, who both hold information from her and have something against the hooded ninja. Luna would be lying if she said she wasn't surprised by their behavior. Of course, she knew how closed off they could be but to see it in person... made her wary. It made her wonder how much they truly kept from her.

Then there were Orochimaru and Kabuto, who were probably plotting something at that very moment. Luna had hoped that her appearance would throw them off but she was starting to doubt it.

The creak of a door brought Luna out of her thoughts as she glanced behind her. She wasn't surprised when her roommate slipped out of the house. Her mug had become cold in her hands while she was thinking, making her frown in distaste before she glanced back up at the Uchiha who stared down at her. He wore a simple hoodie and shorts to combat the cold air, which probably didn't do much unlike the thick blanket covering Luna's shoulders.

The tan girl took notice of this, patting the spot next to her, pushing the blanket aside. The dark-haired boy glanced at the spot before obliging wordlessly, sitting down next to her. She lifted her blanket until it was wrapped over both of them as they were shoulder to shoulder.

She ignored the heat on her face as she avoided eye contact. She couldn't understand. They had done this multiple times before. What was the difference now?

The Uchiha relaxed under the warmth, basking in the moonlight that Luna knew well. She stole a glance at the boy only to lose her stealth and breath as she took in the view. She couldn't help but notice how perfect he looked under the moonlight. Or maybe it was because it was the moon's light that made him look so attractive. Her face only got hotter at the thought.